88 GT, clutch adjustment?

88blowngt

Jun 29, 2009
Dover, Delaware
Hey guys,

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but I can't quite find any threads with my specific symptoms so I figured I'd just get a response from the pros. :nice:

I currently have the Steeda adjustable clutch cable and double hook quadrant installed on my fox but no FWA.

My question is how do I go about adjusting the clutch engagement/disengagement point? Right now its off the floor and the guy who I had rebuild my T5 said its good for drag racing but not for driving it around alot if the trans is to last.

So I'm not sure if theres an adjustment under the dash or at the clutch fork I need to do. I recently got under the car and adjusted the cable with no slack and the jam nut was about halfway down the tread (pointing away from the cable). It becomes hard to get into gear after driving for a while and its just a pain. Also, should there be any movement in the clutch fork while the cable is connected? Any help would be immensely appreciated. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

If the point of engagement is on the floor and gets worse as you drive, the cable might stretch a bit as it gets warm (header heat).

You can try to tighten the nut (on the fork-end of the cable) a little and see if that helps.

You change it when you adjust the clutch. Tightening the nut will move the point of engagement higher on the pedal. Loosening the nut will put it closer to the floor.

Reactions: 1 user
My clutch is engaging high which it never did before I just installed a new cable and tightened the bolts about a 1/4 way. Would you consider loosening it?
You asking questions in a 7 year old thread, start a new one and give some info on your setup, year, engine, type cable used, stock quadrant and left shoe size.
Wait a minute, you already did, patience young motorhead, answers soon be revealed.

Reactions: 1 user