88 GT Convertable value

Olivethefet

I will own your nuts! LOL
5 Year Member
May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
I know this is a loaded question but I'll ask anyway. A friend of mine has a 88 GT that has been sitting for the better part of 10 years. He is the original owner. It's bone stock, auto, white with red interior, less than 100k on the odometer. Either in a garage or carport. I don't know any more than that about the car. He has been kicking around the idea of letting it go. He thinks it's worth a lot. I don't. Based on that minimal amount of info what ballpark would you guys start out in? The car is in east George if that matters. Not running and in questionable condition I think its worth a couple thousand at best.

• Sponsors (?)

Auto GT convertibles tend to have the least demand. Everyone wants coupes and 5-spds.

Why doesn't it run? Minor reason? Or something like blown motor?

I'd say running, rust-free body and decent condition I'd prob venture to say $4-6k.

Around here....non running....sitting for 10 years....800- 1500. Running....2k - 4.5k. depending on actual condition.

Long story short he isn't divorced but hasn't lived where the car is located for years. He and the wife have an odd relationship. He parked it and it hasn't moved. Isn't blow up or anything. He said it was draining batteries when he parked it. The guys is not a car person so he has no idea what the issue is. I've known him about 15 years. I dont need another car but think I might like to pick this one up as a survivor. No plans to do anything but keep it bone stock.

Without hearing it start up, 1k.

It’s been sitting 10 years, that will do a ton of bad things, but would be fine. Let’s hope it was low on fuel when parked.

Reactions: 1 users