88 GT Cv - Stock 4 now

88 GT CV. My 3rd Fox 5.0 HO and 5th Mustang. 67 GT S code, 69 Mach 1, 87 LX, 90 LX 7-Up VC. My wife issued 2 ultimatums: sell my motor cycle and there were no Mustangs in my future. I traded the motorcycle on the 88 GT, a 72k car originally sold in FL. I have both Carfax and Marti reports and believed the car was stock. The shocks are rock hard and I think the springs have been replaced. I haven't had it very long and have no clue what, if any modifications may have been made to the engine or rear ratio. I believe it has the original 2.73 gears. Will spin the tires easily from a start if not careful. The engine does not smoke which makes me wonder if it has hardened valve seats installed in the past. My intention is to soften up the ride and keep the engine and rear ratio as is. I am 75 and no longer drive like a maniac. Well sometimes, and the Mustang will suffice in stock trim. Not that there might not be a supercharger or turbo in it's future after my wife forgives me for buying it.

• Sponsors (?)