Progress Thread '88 GT Hell Horse - All over the place

short answer is no...
I would find a suitable 0-5v sensor to use. [there is a list out there somewhere on easily attainable sensors known to work easily with ms they even have the voltage range spelled out for you.

here is an example
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=41192
So, if I go with a digital sensor this would be a 3-wire setup over the 1-wire. What is your recommendation for the 5V Vref and the Ground wiring?

Do I wire the 5V Vref and ground to the current sensor engine harness for the other sensors (TPS, CLT, MAt, etc)?

• Sponsors (?)

Got one of my parts in for the steering wheel project that I am working on this weekend. Hopefully should have the steering wheel in tomorrow. I can then start the mock-up of the paddle shifter bracket. Once the bracket is done the steering wheel adaptor will need to be drilled for the paddle shifter wiring to pass through into the center, so it can be wired into the cruise control pin.

IMG_20180313_194903806~2.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I got to work on the steering wheel project this weekend like I wanted. It also took a LOT longer than expected as well. I started with Version 1 that consisted of a bracket to mount the paddle shifters to, and then sandwitch that between the adaptor and the steering wheel. Well, after I got the thing made and test fit it I noticed I could just mount the paddle shifters directly. This started Version 2 and drilling the steering wheel for the 4 bolts that mount the paddle shifters. I noticed I needed a small spacer between the steering wheel and the paddle shifter due to the grip padding. I drilled the holes and cut the spacers and test fitted everything. After the paddle shifters tested fit worked I took everything apart and painted the bolt heads and spacers black to match. Once it all dryed, I reassembled it all back together including the horn button bracket and horn button. I still need to drill the steering wheel adaptor for the paddle shifter wiring, but will be another day.

IMG_20180317_132722117~3.jpg
IMG_20180318_150413_01~2.jpg
IMG_20180318_150413_01~3.jpg

IMG_20180318_143741941_HDR~2.jpg

• Happy
Finally got my 2 extra sets of racing seats out of my garage and sold. Now its time to start purchasing some parts again. I will be fixing some of the issues on my other mustang, so I can start driving it for when I take this one down to do these upgrades.

I have ordered the power supply for the dash 3 weeks ago and still no power supply :mad:. I do hope that it comes in soon, so I can get that wired and in the car.

Next step, I will be going to the local Pull-a-part to get a few things mainly being (2) 4R70W transmissions. I know I know why in the heck are you buying (2) well over the years I have been collecting some of the common things that break, since it's been great to have some backups for when things break. I plan on just installing one of the transmissions, and rebuilding the other with all new goodies and a going through the TCCOA transmission upgrades they recommend. I can then run it to fall or most likely just take it out, put the new one in, rebuild that one, and putting it on the shelf for when its needed.

I will also be looking for a digital Oil Pressure Sensor with wiring pigtail, so I can wire that into read my Oil Pressure. That is the last sensor I need to get working to get rid of the 3-pillar gauge pod and sell that too. Out with the old and in with the new as I am tired of individual gauges for everything.

I will be working on the "tunes" side of things as well. I love the sound of the exhaust in my car, but not having simple tunes in the car for the past 2 years has gotten old now. I will be getting a cheap little USB sound card for the RPi (Raspberry Pi), and wiring that to a new 4 channel mini amp to go to the speakers. Hopefully it will be simple to incorporate the bluetooth on the RPi to my phone. Then a delete plate for the current unused CD Player will be put in its place

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
You know, this will be really cool when you're done. My brain would freeze over solid trying to do that to mine.

That's what's neat about this forum, the different fields that people are so good at.

You know, this will be really cool when you're done. My brain would freeze over solid trying to do that to mine.

That's what's neat about this forum, the different fields that people are so good at.

Dave, I do understand the feeling of what the h3ll are they trying to tell me. I work everyday for a software company, so it does help a little in that I can ask IT or our developer for what does this even mean. I have always learned by using "Google Fu" (@Noobz347 has to understand what I mean) to find the answers to my questions.

Its coming along a lot slower than I expected, but that is part of hobby.

Dave, I do understand the feeling of what the h3ll are they trying to tell me. I work everyday for a software company, so it does help a little in that I can ask IT or our developer for what does this even mean. I have always learned by using "Google Fu" (@Noobz347 has to understand what I mean) to find the answers to my questions.

Its coming along a lot slower than I expected, but that is part of hobby.

Yep.... You're doing what every Stangbanger does. Study the crap that people have done and modify their projects to match what it is you're trying to do.

I am currently typing this out from my brand new and first time booted, ASUS Tinker Board. Holy crap is it faster than Raspberry Pi 3. At least in the web surfing and networking departments so far. My GoogleFu is currently mastering the technique of enabling and bench marking OPenGL on it. Should be WAY more capable in this area than the Pi. I'm checking the feasibility of using these to display realistic looking gauge faces on digital flat panels.

• Surprised
Yep.... You're doing what every Stangbanger does. Study the crap that people have done and modify their projects to match what it is you're trying to do.

I am currently typing this out from my brand new and first time booted, ASUS Tinker Board. Holy crap is it faster than Raspberry Pi 3. At least in the web surfing and networking departments so far. My GoogleFu is currently mastering the technique of enabling and bench marking OPenGL on it. Should be WAY more capable in this area than the Pi. I'm checking the feasibility of using these to display realistic looking gauge faces on digital flat panels.
Very Very Interesting

That looks to be even faster then the latest Raspberry Pi 3+ that just came out. What are you using as an OS?

Very Very Interesting

That looks to be even faster then the latest Raspberry Pi 3+ that just came out. What are you using as an OS?

I"m starting out with the Debian release that they have for the Tinker Board. I'm by no means a huge Linux fan but it should offer the widest support. Later, I may switch to something more purpose specific but have no idea if such a thing exists. I'm brand new to this board. I'm downloading GeeXLab at the moment; just to see what all it does and to run some of the examples to get an idea of performance.

I"m starting out with the Debian release that they have for the Tinker Board. I'm by no means a huge Linux fan but it should offer the widest support. Later, I may switch to something more purpose specific but have no idea if such a thing exists. I'm brand new to this board. I'm downloading GeeXLab at the moment; just to see what all it does and to run some of the examples to get an idea of performance.

Keep me informed on your thoughts of the performance....

I know that my thread went cold for a couple weeks, but finally things are moving in the right direction again. I finally got the car switch in the mail, which took 6 weeks to get. Not happy about how long it took, and probably could have just made my own when I looked it over.

Next Step, I am reviewing the script that runs on the RPi to execute the shutdown process, and it doesn't seems to do exactly what I want. I will be trying to modify it to meet my needs, so I can install it finally in the car and run the dash.

I also have in the mail a new Grant Steering Wheel Installation Kit, so I can start on the process of modifying the hub to except the horn and paddle shifting wiring.

Last, I have in the mail a pair of 7mm hub-centric wheel spacers to help correct the inside of my wheel scrubbing on the front lower control arms. The S197 wheel spacing pushed the rims to far in, and they need to come out just a little bit.

Reactions: 2 users
I run half inch hub centric spacers on the front of my car with longer hardened Moroso wheel studs. My wheels are 50mm offset.

I got in the mail my wheel spacers. Really nice looking for some cheap eBay spacers. I like getting parts from smaller companies especially since they were only $26 for the pair. Just for others that maybe looking for spacers the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5 with a 70.3mm CB (Center bore) as there are different hub center bore sizes for cars.

IMG_20180412_192851617~2.jpg

I got in the mail my wheel spacers. Really nice looking for some cheap eBay spacers. I like getting parts from smaller companies especially since they were only $26 for the pair. Just for others that maybe looking for spacers the bolt pattern is 5 x 4.5 with a 70.3mm CB (Center bore) as there are different hub center bore sizes for cars.

IMG_20180412_192851617~2.jpg

Did you not get the hub-centric spacers or is the boss on the other side?