Progress Thread '88 Gt Project Blue Storm

Murkstang

Mar 30, 2016
I don't know how to go about this, so bear with me. Also I have little experience with such a thing. I've only been working on actual cars for a few years, but I really wanted to do this. It will be a slow build as I probably make less than you if you have a job, but PRIORITIES!

[EDIT: My plans have changed (NO WAY!). I'm thinking restomod it. (Coyote, IRS, etc.) Though it might be a bit more of a race car when it comes to the interior.]

Current engine specs include:
Supposed 306 with domed pistons.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake kit.
Holley heads. (I read bad things about these, so we'll see how these hold up until I build the new engine)
BBK long tube headers, Flowmaster back.
I think PO said a Crane cam, no specs though
Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator.
I wanna say an MSD 6AL but I'd have to double check.
Pro-Flow (Or Pro-M) MAF sensor.
10409525_731218687014267_8563429402036948362_n (1).jpg

She's pretty rough, so I like to think I'm saving the car.

0307161716d.jpg

First things Hurst... Okay, sorry about that.

0331161710.jpg

0331161937b.jpg

And new sway bar bushings.

0331161817.jpg

Sometime soon, I will install the new seat belts and exterior door handles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Asking what oil to use is like asking what the best fishing lure is. There are as many opinions as there are fishermen. Realistically, if you change your oil every 3 months/3000 miles, you will be ok with just about any brand or viscosity. IMHO...

p.s. I run Castrol 10W40

Reactions: 1 user
Asking what oil to use is like asking what the best fishing lure is. There are as many opinions as there are fishermen. Realistically, if you change your oil every 3 months/3000 miles, you will be ok with just about any brand or viscosity. IMHO...

p.s. I run Castrol 10W40
I run 10w30 and I specifically buy only oils that have been 100% made from the aged bodies of tyrannosaurus Rex. It brings out the killer instinct in my motor.

Reactions: 5 users
if you want it,ive got an extra fan shroud you can have.. just pay for shipping.. im in milw wi. i got it for free when i baught an overflow bottle it came with. just lemme know.

Reactions: 1 users
We do love pics [emoji12] I have one lil piece of advice....get a performance block first...or stroke a 351.

I'm doing a stock block turbo charged 331 right now. Its no fun praying to the block fairies hoping your block will survive your first romp.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't really contributed much useful info to this thread, but here goes. For an 11 sec car you will absolutely need a stroker 351 block or a boosted 302 based block like you mentioned. These will in many, not all, cases shoot a daily driver in the foot. A wildly growing popular choice is dropping a coyote engine between the shock towers. Seeing as you are new to this scene and cars in general it is the most plug and play option. It will cost a wee bit more, but depending on your stroker plans, I'm thinking both options are within a few dollars of each other.