Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

Ok. Put the car through a couple heat cycles and so far so good with a couple exceptions.

My aftermarket temp gauge broke and I managed to loose the probe so yeah.

But the big one is I'm getting some major light deming when the e fan kicks on. Significantly more than before the wire tuck. I may need to add some extra grounds at maybe a controller with a soft start later.

What is the fan setup like? Do you have a controller or relay setup? How is it wired?

• Sponsors (?)

Starting to pull the interior, anyone know what I'll run into when I get to the headliner? Anything I should look for?
Once you pull the door, windshield, and hatch trim, there's just one or two retainers on each side above the doors and the dome light that hold it up. There's also insulation separate from the headliner that's just glued to the roof.

As far as the fans, the fans and headlights all ground to the front rad support, I'm hoping adding a ground strap from the block or alt to that area will help.

I'll snap some pics today. I'll know later on today what I need. The passenger side is for sure damaged, won't know about the drivers till I get this screw out. They were removed before and some of the screws were pretty bad. On
The plus side, this is the only stripped anything I've found in the car, and there seems to be very little damaged plastic on the interior.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the other side out. Both sides have this section missing... is that factory?

Attachments

• IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    465.9 KB · Views: 134
Both sides were the same so that is why I'm asking. Just a few more things and the interior will be out. Hoping for today. The headliner is glued all around the t tops though, hoping I can save it.

Ok! So far so good. Almost no rust at all, just a little surface rust behind the seats. The rest is clean. The drivers side looks like a possible replacement floor? Gonna give the paint thread a bump and ask about clean up.

Attachments

• IMG_1727.JPG
    IMG_1727.JPG
    822.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    828.5 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: 1 users
Hey Dave. Need a little advice. Removed the upper t top trim. I knew I was gonna have to replace at least one rivet but I'm probably gonna do them all. The ones in here are a cheap aluminum and are breaking easy. I need something stronger so it'll hold the metal up that holds the roof sheet metal up.

Any advice on what size and type I should get?

Attachments

• IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 134