Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

Ok, the stumble was bugging me so I went out and ran the car with the lights off, had random sparks going from the wires to the ac pump and drivers side header. I believe that’s the issue. I’m also not sure if I ever changed these plugs and wires... like ever. Oops.

I did that exact same thing many years ago. I had a set of FMS wires that I considered the top of the plug wire food chain... For way too long :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

I did that exact same thing many years ago. I had a set of FMS wires that I considered the top of the plug wire food chain... For way too long :rlaugh:
That’s funny, mine were the blue fms wires.

Ok. Got the plugs and wires tonight. This was crazy over due. Several plugs were starting to crack and the plugs were a hot mess. Gap was all over the map, 2 different brands and at least one was cracked. I started her up and she ran great, then I saw the last plug wire that I didn’t plug in.... after that, she really ran great. Took a quick spin down the highway and she’s awesome. No more stumble and gobs of power I was missing.

The family will get the first ride tomorrow.

Plans from here.

Drop it off to the painter for a final buff and wax

Probably a couple more tune up related things

Then start working on the detail stuff and getting the ac back charged.

The main thing is to drive the ol girl.

Reactions: 4 users
Got about 2 hours of driving in today. My kids love it. The wife will like it more if I put hooks for car seat in.

Already have a small list of “to fix” items but man I’m loving driving her again. It’s crazy how quickly you fall back in love.
B0A707F1-71D0-479E-B797-6C5651E9B03A.png
AABAA716-B8F3-4499-9CC0-60186B3A538E.png
5C9C983D-A5DE-4FC0-BE17-8DA10C7A90B7.png
3597AB2F-07FF-4298-98CE-69CD5368ECE8.png
279786D2-15D0-416D-87A9-15E0C49296C2.png

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Been awhile since an update. Things been busy and the car has been on the back burner. Part way into my third semester of school, still have a 4.0 and will be graduating and hopefully working in May. Our daughter was born on July 5th and is happy and healthy.

For the car. Took it to have the alignment double checked today and the toe was off and a strut was loose. Drives like a dream now. I do need to deal with the lower part of my rear bumper sagging though . Snagged a couple pics while I was out.
AA9B7783-723E-43B9-AF14-8079DE93431B.jpeg
EC1C7E63-07E8-462B-82BF-EECBD894756E.jpeg
18B41054-CFDC-4967-978C-44B45334F818.jpeg
9D52C17D-188E-4C6D-A735-1BD9BC329566.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
CONGRATS on the new little one, and you should be quite happy with the schooling as well.

Love the pictures as you have a very nice mustang there. You did a great job on that paint job for sure :)

Pretty sure my car has the same rear cover. The previous owner used wire to run through what appears to be places to bolt the cover to something, and wrapped the wire to hard points under the car. It works, but I wouldn't recommend it on a car as nice as yours. There has to be a proper way to fix the issue. I'll be paying attention as I would like to properly fix mine at some point.

The factory had brackets that attach to the inner bumper , cervinis uses brackets that connect to the gas tank straps but are 2 different sizes. I’ll make sure to post when I come to a solution

Small but exciting milestone. Ordered a new mirror switch off lmr. For the first time since I’ve owned it, my mirrors and switch all work.

Reactions: 4 users
I’m excited about it. When I got the car the switch was shot and I fixed it, but the mirrors were bad, when I changed the mirrors an short fried the switch... so now both work. Hoping for some
Nice days here soon.