Progress Thread 88 Gt T-top- Project problem child

Nice! I'm in such a weird spot with this car. It's coming along nicely, and I'm really enjoying driving it, but I'm getting the itch to really tear it down. Mainly I want to deal with the paint.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Was able to trade a set of ponys I had for a set of bullitts. Just gotta get the black spray paint off them. Not sure if I wanna 5 lug now or wait till winter.. Hmm

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 249
Found a wiper motor cover. Took a bit of searching. Aside from that, progress has been slow due to house renovations. Dang priorities.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: 1 users
Ok. Couple progress pics. Constitution/pregnant wife slowed me down a tad.

Mostly done with paint on the front calipers, tossed a coat on the rotors to protect while they sit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 225
Picked up a couple parts locally that'll get use later. Cobra grille, cobra rear bumper, Saleen wing.

Still need tail pipes and new quarter glass.

But I need to be more specific with my mods/fixes. It's been random lately.

Next will be working on the Ac till its done. I'm
Likely one or 2 hoses from done.

Almost forgot the most important thing. I had a leak in the long tubes at a slip joint. Finally got it sealed!!! Sounds soooooooooo much better. No more exhaust clank from under the hood. Just the classic mustang sound.

Reactions: 2 users
Almost forgot the most important thing. I had a leak in the long tubes at a slip joint. Finally got it sealed!!! Sounds soooooooooo much better. No more exhaust clank from under the hood. Just the classic mustang sound.

My number one pet peeve with any car is an exhaust leak. Cant stand the ticking! Glad you got that sort out.

Ok door tag. Build date of 10/87
Factory black car with gray cloth. Not sure what the rest means lol.
Just off a quick search, it definitely is an '88. The "D" code under the S in the lower right means it's a t-top.

Like you said, it's supposed to be black.

Good find on the car. You ought to keep it, from what I read in various places, the production numbers for '88 might be from 100-800. 320 seems to be a popular number though.

Just off a quick search, it definitely is an '88. The "D" code under the S in the lower right means it's a t-top.

Like you said, it's supposed to be black.

Good find on the car. You ought to keep it, from what I read in various places, the production numbers for '88 might be from 100-800. 320 seems to be a popular number though.

Yup, I have no plans to let it go. At some point I'll take it back black.

Reactions: 2 users