88 Hatch with new deep dish Saleen replicas...PICS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

To be honest, i'm not really liking them as much as i thought I would.

I like the original Saleen wheel...but I don't think it looks good at all in a deep dish version. In fact, even the front wheel doesn't look right to me.

Agreed.
I'm disliking the rears.
The fronts look better, but it's still the age old problem of 4 lugs and 5 spokes, there is no way symmetrically to make it correct.
In general i like the rims, but i'd prefer no deep dish, and 5 lugs. And with the money spent on that car, the $250 or so it would of taken to go 5 lug would of been worth it.

I'm also against painting drums the same color as the car, nothing wrong with having drums, god knows i had them for years, it's just you don't want something less desireable to be seen.

To be honest, i'm not really liking them as much as i thought I would.

I like the original Saleen wheel...but I don't think it looks good at all in a deep dish version. In fact, even the front wheel doesn't look right to me.

Id say the problem with them is the 4lug look on a 5 spoke wheel like said earlier, it really throws ya off. but the 5lug version looks exactly like the original saleen wheel, or atleast i can't find a difference

5068632b.jpg

View attachment 330188

Thanks for all the comments. I liked the look of this wheel so i bought it, not because I thought it was an exact clone of the originals, of course there is a difference. I wanted a DD wheel without the hassle of fitment issues and finding correct backspace/offset etc. Plus i'm still running the quad shocks and tailpipes so i was happy with that. I never understood the whole 4 lug 5 lug debate, I don't see how adding a lug makes a wheel look better :shrug: ..and $250 to swap to 5 lug?? $135 per 31 spline, $150 for c-clip eliminators, new front rotors, rear brakes, drums etc, A little more than $250. As for the brakes, yeah I will eventually go to disc but it stops fine for me now. It stopped me perfect when I was running mid 10's at 130-131.

I like them and the four lugs do not look bad at all. I think everyone just likes to nit-pick on everything. I ordered a set myself. I am going to paint the centers a gun metal gray though. I am with you. I have too much in my 4 lugs to even think about switching. Looks Great by the way.

Thanks for all the comments. I liked the look of this wheel so i bought it, not because I thought it was an exact clone of the originals, of course there is a difference. I wanted a DD wheel without the hassle of fitment issues and finding correct backspace/offset etc. Plus i'm still running the quad shocks and tailpipes so i was happy with that. I never understood the whole 4 lug 5 lug debate, I don't see how adding a lug makes a wheel look better :shrug: ..and $250 to swap to 5 lug?? $135 per 31 spline, $150 for c-clip eliminators, new front rotors, rear brakes, drums etc, A little more than $250. As for the brakes, yeah I will eventually go to disc but it stops fine for me now. It stopped me perfect when I was running mid 10's at 130-131.

You are running c clip eliminators on a Daily driver?
That is alot of extra cost.
Normally it only takes about 250 worth of parts done the cheap way.

A 5 star wheel looks better with 5 lugs, because it's one lug per spoke, making a perfect pattern.
Look at the comparison picture above, you can see the differnce, the 4 lug holes are almost in random spots.
These rims you have do 4 lug a bit better than some of the others. 4 lug R's really don't look good.

I like them and the four lugs do not look bad at all. I think everyone just likes to nit-pick on everything. I ordered a set myself. I am going to paint the centers a gun metal gray though. I am with you. I have too much in my 4 lugs to even think about switching. Looks Great by the way.

Thanks man. Yeah if you already have money into 4 lug why pay twice just to swap over to 5 lug.

2000xp8..This car is far from my daily driver, just my weekend cruiser and take it to the track when I can. My '03 Cobra is my DD :nice: ..I see what you are saying about 1 lug per spoke being more centered, but honestly it doesn't bother me. Also I wanted a 17x8 front wheel and as of right now they are only offering it in 4 lug. My 17x9 Motorsport fronts rubbed on my A-arms and now the 17x8's don't. So if I was 5-lug I would have had to wait until they offer 17x8. Just another reason.

U guys are being way too picky... I honestly think it looks sick & I never cared for his old wheels. Silver looks good, & Im not a fan of chrome, and 95 Cobra R's are the most overused & played out mustang wheels available... The only reason some of u think that the rear lip is a bit extreme is because u rarely see it on a fox body....Think outside the box fella's!!!!

I think the new wheels look great. If the lip was polished though I think that would really set dem off yo! As for the only thing that matters though, nice runs. Iam looking to dip into the 10's with my S trim this year, whats your suspension and any clue what it made for power? 130 mph trap is fast.