88 Lincoln Mark 7

ID89GT

10 Year Member
May 26, 2008
Spokane Valley, WA
What all is useable on this car? Wondering if the rear end would work in a 93? I can't find anything on search :(

I can get one for free, everything is there minus the engine, would it be worth picking up to take parts off of for my Mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually,the rear is wider than the Thunderbird differential.The Turbo Coupe differential is the same width as a Stang,just longer axles.A base model Fox Bird has a wider housing,and the mark VII is wider than that.IIRC,the Mark VII is about 3/4 to an inch wider on each side.

the MK7 rears are more in line with the 94-98 SN95 axles.

Depends on what year.

91-92 Mark 7 rears are like SN95 rears. 10.5" vented brakes and 45mm Varga calipers. These are what came on the 1993 Cobra R as well despite the popular beleif that they are 1994+ Cobra rear brakes. Each axle is 0.75" wider each side

The 84-90 Mark 7 rear axle uses SVO rear brakes. 11.35" vented with 54mm calipers. the axles stick out 1.25" EACH side and there are no quad shock mounts. If you stick this axle in a Mustang, your rear wheels will get pushed way out.

The '88 Mark 7 uses SVO brakes, so you will need the 73mm front calipers and SVO MC as well in additon to other supporting mods

I haven't hard of anyone using the Mark 7 ABS. I think it's integrated into the main ECU.

The only fox ABS swaps i've heard of use the 94-95 GT ABS which is 100% standalone

Hmm, well what all are my options on rear ends that will work? I would like to use disc brakes. I know the Sn95 will work, and Turbo coupes and now Mark 7's. Is there any other cars that have rear ends that are direct bolt ins for a fox?

What about Mercury Cougars or just the regular t birds? Sorry if I seem to ask a bunch of questions just trying to broaden my knowledge on what to look for lol :D

And also is it year specific? Like only certain years of the Mark 7's or etc.

Regular Fox Birds and Cougars (non-Turbo),have differentials that are 3/4 inch wider than the Stang/Turbo Coupe differentials,and they also are 7.5 inch rears with drum brakes.The '87/'88 Turbo Coupe and XR-7 have 8.8 with discs. The '87/'88 Turbo Coupes have 3.73 gears with an automatic tranny,and 3.55 gears with the 5 speed.

Okay, I got another Lincoln rear end question lol. This is a rear end out of an 89 Lincoln, has the rear discs, with 3:27 gears. He says it is 62" from hub to hub. I have axles out of an 01 Mustang Gt right now, is this about the same width as an 01 Mustang? or how big a difference is it? I want the offset to be the same for my wheels but need to get a new rear end since mine is all messed up from previous owner :mad: And also my axles are wore down to much at the bearing seats so they leak, so I can't just pop them in either