88 Lincoln Mark VII 5.0 H.0 What's diff than Stang 5.0?

StreetDreamsGT

Mar 6, 2003
New Jersey
Hey guys, I went thru and searched already and had read that the Mark VII's 5.0 H.0 has diff pistons, diff heads, diff cam, diff comp than a stang. Is everything else the same thou? Wiring harness, alternator, distributor, etc... I'm getting it really cheap and figure if nothing else i'll sell everything except the few things I need and just pick up a brandy new block to toss it all on to. Also, what else would I be able to sell off it? I've heard of selling the fan, the rear, the rotors n spindles n all, nething else? And (not to try and get off topic) if anyone is looking for anything drop me a reasonable price n what you want and it's yours, doesn't have to be high at all maybe a few dollars less than what it would usually go for.
Thanks Guys.

• Sponsors (?)

StreetDreamsGT said:
Hey guys, I went thru and searched already and had read that the Mark VII's 5.0 H.0 has diff pistons, diff heads, diff cam, diff comp than a stang.

Ummmm, not as far as I know.........It should be the exact same motor as the Mustang.........

StreetDreamsGT said:
Hey guys, I went thru and searched already and had read that the Mark VII's 5.0 H.0 has diff pistons, diff heads, diff cam, diff comp than a stang. Is everything else the same thou? Wiring harness, alternator, distributor, etc... I'm getting it really cheap and figure if nothing else i'll sell everything except the few things I need and just pick up a brandy new block to toss it all on to. Also, what else would I be able to sell off it? I've heard of selling the fan, the rear, the rotors n spindles n all, nething else? And (not to try and get off topic) if anyone is looking for anything drop me a reasonable price n what you want and it's yours, doesn't have to be high at all maybe a few dollars less than what it would usually go for.
Thanks Guys.

Its the same engine. I had an 88 and have an 89. The 87 was different. All mark VII are speed density and the computers are speed limited to 116. Found that out the hard way :nonono:

Let me know if you have more questions.

larrendeuce said:
Its the same engine. I had an 88 and have an 89. The 87 was different. All mark VII are speed density and the computers are speed limited to 116. Found that out the hard way :nonono:

Let me know if you have more questions.
same thing larren said about the s.d.,, if it says VII LSC and you should be good. can't recall what year but i believe 88/87 vii ho was like 10or15 less hp. i thought about lsc swap once...cause they were 5.0ho hwy cruisers w/autos so if you found one it was less likely to be as beatup as stang motor.

The 87 motor had e6 heads, otherwise pretty much the same as later years. 88-92 had forged pistons, HO intake, HO cam, E7 heads, speed density, 19 lb injectors, 100amp alternator with external voltage regulator(slightly different brackets on the front to hold this) Has a larger silencer in the fender and a small intake tube(to quiet noise since its a lincoln) Same headers as mustangs, 4 cat h pipe with dual exhaust, hydraboost brakes instead of vacuum assist, they also never had airbags for passenger restraint. They did ride on airbags though. :p

Ask questions and I'll answer. :spot:

Motor-wise, I agree, the 88+ MarkVII LSC's (and others optioned with the HO) were identical. The ECM differed just a tad because of the extra electronic doodads on the Lincoln, probably because of the optional digital dash and whatnot. For example, if converting a Town Car 5.0L over to HO specs, you'd have to swap in an ECM from a MarkVII to retain the cruise control functionality, as apparently it was a bit different on the 'Stang models ... or it just wasn't readily available on speed-density years of Mustangs.

old thread but oh well.... My dad has an 88 sitting at his house, that doesnt run(wire related). I was wondering, does the rearend bolt up to an 87 mustang? what kind of gears would be in the rear? Its a five lug, and it has disc brakes all the way around. Can I swap the spindle/brake setup over to my 87 without having to hack anything(ie., direct swap)?

I need to know by this weekend so I can start giving him $$offers for it(or maybe hell give it to me for free :nice: :nice: ).

Thanks guys.

niklid05 said:
old thread but oh well.... My dad has an 88 sitting at his house, that doesnt run(wire related). I was wondering, does the rearend bolt up to an 87 mustang? what kind of gears would be in the rear? Its a five lug, and it has disc brakes all the way around. Can I swap the spindle/brake setup over to my 87 without having to hack anything(ie., direct swap)?

I need to know by this weekend so I can start giving him $$offers for it(or maybe hell give it to me for free :nice: :nice: ).

Thanks guys.

The rear end is 1.5 inches wider then a mustang rear end. They usually have 3.27 gears.

larrendeuce said:
I have an '89 that needs an interior. Let me know what you want to get rid of.

I have one of these as well that I am stripping most from. You can have all the interior if you like. I am pretty much just taking the motor, brakes, rear end (if it will fit a 5.0) and the alternator (if it fits as well). PM me for details.
Matter of fact if anyone wants the entire body they can have it. Car runs and all I just want to strip it. Unless someone wants to make an offer for the entire car before I strip it....lol