Electrical 88gt Dizzy/TFI issues?

Jims88gt

Jan 20, 2019
Iowa
Hey again, i have read multiple threads here to try and fix this without asking but no luck.
My stang started randomly dying at stop light's and not restarting unless it was jumped.
When it was running i bumped the TFI module and it died. Wouldn't restart so i hooked the jump pack on it and fired right up. So this time i intentionally tapped the module and it died again.
I didn't waste any time trying to eliminate possible problem parts, i went and bought a brand new dizzy with module, new alternator, new battery and new msd coil, plugs, wires ect.. Installed everything and it doesn't seem to die anymore but now i noticed when the car is off but key is on, when i touch the TFI on the side of the dizzy the fuel pump will start cycling like 3-4 times. Any thoughts:O_o:

• Sponsors (?)

The pulses from the PIP/TFI are what keeps the fuel pump running for more than the 2 5 seconds when you first turn the key to the Run position.

To diagnose the problem further, dump the codes

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/