Roush #89-332 finally dyno'd :)

BoostedmaxPSI

Apr 30, 2003
Keller, TX
It's been 11 months since I brought her home from an abused and neglectful owner :(

The Saleen is really coming along nicely, for the most part. A lot of tweaking to get her in the right state of tune. When I picked this car up last year, if it had an adjustment, it was out of adjustment.

This car is bone stock except for the Vortech A trim and Bassani equal length headers. Everything else is bone stock, down to the factory cats and ford exhaust.

My first pull was 223hp and 300tq at the wheels on pump gas. The car was running soooooooo rich. I dropped the A/R to the right level and picked up several free ponies. My second pull was 300hp and 324tq.

The extra power can be felt! The tq was very flat and consistant thru the entire pull. Hp seems to drop off around 3700rpm.

Next step should be a 9psi pulley and a custom tune. I would like to see 350hp to the wheels before summer.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Nice nums and good to see you back. Don't be too hard on the girl. She will never be your GN but she will always get more looks! I don;t see anyreason you can't get your 350 rw. Looks very obtainable. Keep us posted.

AF change

BoostedmaxPSI said:
It's been 11 months since I brought her home from an abused and neglectful owner :(

The Saleen is really coming along nicely, for the most part. A lot of tweaking to get her in the right state of tune. When I picked this car up last year, if it had an adjustment, it was out of adjustment.

This car is bone stock except for the Vortech A trim and Bassani equal length headers. Everything else is bone stock, down to the factory cats and ford exhaust.

My first pull was 223hp and 300tq at the wheels on pump gas. The car was running soooooooo rich. I dropped the A/R to the right level and picked up several free ponies. My second pull was 300hp and 324tq.

The extra power can be felt! The tq was very flat and consistant thru the entire pull. Hp seems to drop off around 3700rpm.

Next step should be a 9psi pulley and a custom tune. I would like to see 350hp to the wheels before summer.:D

It jumped 77HP on the second pull, or was the 223 a typo?

Not dogging you, I just want to understand.

Dan

footnfan said:
It jumped 77HP on the second pull, or was the 223 a typo?

Not dogging you, I just want to understand.

Dan

No worries foot. The Saleen was running so rich it wasn't registering on the A/F ratio meter. The dyno only reads 10:1 and leaner. I just peaked above 10:1. I have a Saleen fuel pressure gage in AC vent and it always has bothered me that it pegges 90psi and higher in the fuel rail when I go WOT.

So, we disconnected the FMU to get the fuel pressure to around 50psi at WOT. These seem to address the problem however, it starts to lean a touch above 5,000 RPM. I'm not sure why the FMU is acting this way!?! I plan to put a bleeder valve in line to the FMU and bleed off some of the signal to get the fuel pressure to a safer 60PSI at WOT.

No other adjustments were made.

Hope that helps.

foxbodysaleen19 said:
It's an addiction believe me, I started out wanting a modest 400rwhp, I'm now at over 500rwhp and looking to add another 100rwhp when I go through the engine again!! :) Gotta LOVE Boost!

I hear what your saying. Let me know when your ready for that jump. I have a serious aluminum fuel rail and 42# FORD injectors that I have no use for. If your looking to trade something keep me in mind. I don't mind being a bottom feeder and accepting handme downs :)

If your intrested I'll take a picture and send it your way.

marcus95 said:
Nice nums and good to see you back. Don't be too hard on the girl. She will never be your GN but she will always get more looks! I don;t see anyreason you can't get your 350 rw. Looks very obtainable. Keep us posted.

I still lurk from time to time ;)

And your right, when the top is down it gets a few looks from the Ford lovers. While at the dyno yesterday, Buick event, I had another GN owner comment that it was a good looking Saleen. I asked him how far away he thought we were from the Saleen when he said that so I could say it was a 30 footer :)

The front end is peppered with rock chips.

BoostedmaxPSI said:
I hear what your saying. Let me know when your ready for that jump. I have a serious aluminum fuel rail and 42# FORD injectors that I have no use for. If your looking to trade something keep me in mind. I don't mind being a bottom feeder and accepting handme downs :)

If your intrested I'll take a picture and send it your way.

What kind of money are you talking? I can always start stockpiling parts now. hehehehe.

I would prefer to trade for something that my Saleen could use. Saleen specific parts, Vortech pulley, larger MAF, adj fuel pressure regular, ford motorsport spark plug wires. coil cover that shows the vacuum line routing, rear coil over's, better front calipers and rotors.

You name it, I probably could use it.

Attachments

• Image(302).jpg
    Image(302).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 119
foxbodysaleen19 said:
Hey Mike, thanks for putting my car on the club site. I noticed it was down again. I take it you're still working on the server issues.

I'm only doing part of the work, like sending off a copy of the SCOA website to "TheMan".

A little FYI: Well, the server went back up after several issues only to be compromised again. The server that was hosting the Club website will have to have a "hard drive recovery" of the data or whatever it is called for some things. I happen to have a fairly recent version of the Club website saved on my computer, and have sent it off to go back online. I spoke with "TheMan" and he is working on getting it up and running on a new server in a new "environment". Hopefully all problems will be solved then. If you go to the Club website now it no longer says "Page can not be found", it says "You are not authorized...", as soon it should be all taken care of.

BoostedmaxPSI said:
Mike is this the same server that powers COG? When I try to go to that site I get " I'm not authorized"

FS

"TheMan" was hosting both sites on the same server network, and thus they suffered the same fate.

I have sent off a copy of both sites to "TheMan", and both the Saleen Club of America and the COG sites should be online soon from what I have been told.

ME <--- looking forward to no more computer problems, as is everyone else I am sure

foxbodysaleen19 said:
I saw where you used the small blurp on my car from my website, I figured either the writeup I sent you was too long or lost somewhere. In any event thanks Mike.

With all the tech issues going on with the Club website, I am not sure what version was posted online.

When it goes back online I plan on reviewing the site to make sure all the "latest & greatest" pages are online with all of the correct information, and checking for contect errors and omissions.

I don't think adding a pulley to this combo is the wise thing to do. 300rwhp with an a trim is pretty good.
They heads are restrictive, thus you will be on the verge of a blown head gasket.
I think better heads would be the way to go. Especially since you probably will need new injectors and Maf anyway.

BoostedmaxPSI said:

Frank, I beleive the A trim is the 5 lb blower correct? 350 to the ground could be a challenge but it could be fun trying to get there. I too understand as my first pull was 355 rwhp, then within in 3 more pulls we stopped at 418 rwhp as the clutch is near it max (Spec stage I). Change the pulley to the 8 lb kit if they still make them and you should see an honest 1.5 to 2 lbs of boost increase.