89 5.0, Trick flow stage 1 h/c/i, Megasquirt pnp novice needs help

atey950

Founding Member
Aug 5, 1999
Southeastern PA
After searching thro this forum a bit, I figured I’ll just lay out my scenario. Anyone feel free to direct me to an existing thread or resource that I overlooked. I’m really new to diy tuning.
I have a stock bottom end 5.0 with trick flow stage 1 HCI, 24# injectors, 70mm Tb.
I unhooked the mass air. I have an on3 turbo, but I want to get the car running with the new ecu before I start installing the turbo and new 60# injectors.
Install of the new ecu and wideband were pretty easy. The engine starts and idles really low (about 400 rpm) for about 3 seconds, then dies. Afr gauge reads ~11.0 when it’s running.
I want to check the timing per the instructions, but first I need to get it to idle.
I’ll record a data log in the morning.
Thanks for any responses.

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
That's just the basic function. I thought it was a video on setting up. There are a few things that are important to get the car to idle. Post your tune file. Datalog would be helpful too.

atey950

Founding Member
Aug 5, 1999
Southeastern PA
That's just the basic function. I thought it was a video on setting up. There are a few things that are important to get the car to idle. Post your tune file. Datalog would be helpful too.
I got it to idle and I was able to check the timing, so there's some progress.
Here's my latest datalog. The one I posted earlier this morning is probably good for a laugh.

Attachments

• 2020-05-02_idle set adj+.mlg
    201.2 KB · Views: 34