89 5.0HO flywheel specs help needed !!!???

axulsuv

Aug 29, 2004
I'm new to this site, being a jeep guy with a 89 5.0HO in my 79 cj7 ;I have one question I need a answer to.
I used a early ford truck bellhousing so I could bolt the 5.0 to my tranny with no problems except for making a mount for my clutch linkage pivot.
It all works real sweet even with the starter hanging on by one bolt, so it can engage the 157 tooth flywheel! the bellhousing wants a 164 tooth flywheel, so I need to get the oe balance specs for a 89 HO t5 flywheel.
I,m getting tired of cringing everytime she cranks, sounds awfullllllll
And on the same swap note; who makes a good block hugger type header?
I currently have mainifolds of 289 falcon sprint on it to clear the clutch linkage. The engine had nice jba oe replacement type headers on it when I welded up the mounts only to find out the collector was right where the cross pivot rod (firewall to bellhousing)had to be! My clutch works fine so it will not get changed! and the ports on these mainifolds are so small,it mite've been a 260 falcon, it was 15 years ago I put headers on it for the shop owners kid...

any and all responses apriciated, thanks; gas :bang: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

All 302/5.0's from 1982 and up have the flywheel ballence of 50oz. The early 289/302 cars and all 351W's have 28.2 oz ballence.

You will have to reballence your 164 flywheel up to 50oz. The FRPP catalog doesn't have a 164 tooth flywheel with the 50oz ballence you would need.

As for the block hugger headers, they all look like the same basic design. FRPP, Summit, Hooker (and others I'm sure) sell them. I've seen plain, coated and chrome.

Post a pic of that Jeep some time. I'm interested in seeing what your doing. :nice: