89 convertable seat removal

• Sponsors (?)

Seat removal....

The bottom cushion pushes back from the front and pulls up and out. The seat back has two lower bolts, one on each side. You have to pull up on the bottom of the cushion and find the bolts, they go straight in. Enjoy! I've had to do this a couple times as my rear window motor keeps getting jammed. :banana:

Dont mean to hijack but since u said something about it, where in the world would i go about finding the bracket that holds the rear window motors? i have an 89 vert also. (no junkyards in my area have any 5.0's, espescially not verts)

89gtVert said:
Dont mean to hijack but since u said something about it, where in the world would i go about finding the bracket that holds the rear window motors? i have an 89 vert also. (no junkyards in my area have any 5.0's, espescially not verts)

goto the corral, or look around for someone parting out a vert.

sveltGT said:
The bottom cushion pushes back from the front and pulls up and out. The seat back has two lower bolts, one on each side. You have to pull up on the bottom of the cushion and find the bolts, they go straight in. Enjoy! I've had to do this a couple times as my rear window motor keeps getting jammed. :banana:

This really helped me out, I never would have found those two bolts tucked behind the cushion. Thanks

I just did this tomight too, I was getting pissed cause I couldn't find them. I had never pulled the back out of a fox only the bottom cushion. Would have been nice if ford would have made the seatback bracket 1/2 inch longer.