Engine 89 Ft Mustang Won't Start

R3lldoe

Apr 8, 2017
I took my stock 5.0 out my mustang and put a 1997 Ford Explorer block with a cam in it and and has gt 40 heads and intake on it into my mustang. It has a 70 mm throttle body and that's about all. The problem is that is just turns over and won't start up. Can anyone help me out?

• Sponsors (?)

Here is a link to the cranks but no start checklist, jrichker is responable for putting this fun filled list together to help get your 'motor' running.
Are you familiar with how to check for codes?
I always suggest checking your grounds, there are 4 underhood grounds, the battery to block ground (duh), that little wire that runs from the negative battery post to the inside fender apron by the solenoid that should have a second ground wire running down into the wire harness, one on the passenger side by the two 10 pin 'salt & pepper' cans, and the one everybody forgets to reinstall on the drivers side that runs from the back of the head to the firewall, efi stuff apparently is very dependent on grounds.
Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for this information when it works (and it does) or for any intelligence it conveys.:hide:
http://forums.stangnet.com/787471-cranks-ok-but-no-start-checklist-fuel-injected-mustangs.html

Here is a link to the cranks but no start checklist, jrichker is responable for putting this fun filled list together to help get your 'motor' running.
Are you familiar with how to check for codes?
I always suggest checking your grounds, there are 4 underhood grounds, the battery to block ground (duh), that little wire that runs from the negative battery post to the inside fender apron by the solenoid that should have a second ground wire running down into the wire harness, one on the passenger side by the two 10 pin 'salt & pepper' cans, and the one everybody forgets to reinstall on the drivers side that runs from the back of the head to the firewall, efi stuff apparently is very dependent on grounds.
Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for this information when it works (and it does) or for any intelligence it conveys.:hide:
http://forums.stangnet.com/787471-cranks-ok-but-no-start-checklist-fuel-injected-mustangs.html
Ok I will take look at this. Do I need to change my ecu since I put another engine in the car that's slightly modified? Could that be the problem