Progress Thread 89 hatch hydroplanedrifterweldeddiff thread:

Diffuser made and installed. Took a long time. 1 fin giving me a prob. but should be able to fix it while installed. Its glued and screwed and solid enough, i think.
IMG_20210327_153007.jpg
IMG_20210327_153603.jpg
IMG_20210327_154624.jpg
IMG_20210327_185237.jpg
IMG_20210327_211056.jpg
IMG_20210328_135654.jpg
IMG_20210328_173320.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Lol. Ya i could cut them down an inch. It sits higher then mu dumps and subframe connectors. But stuff in middle of car can be low, its the front and back that most liable to scrape on inclines obviously. The point is to make it "unstreetable" as possible but still drive it on the street. Then it gives racecar feels and makes everything a challenge like a real racecar would be on the street. lol.

Lol. Ya i could cut them down an inch. It sits higher then mu dumps and subframe connectors. But stuff in middle of car can be low, its the front and back that most liable to scrape on inclines obviously. The point is to make it "unstreetable" as possible but still drive it on the street. Then it gives racecar feels and makes everything a challenge like a real racecar would be on the street. lol.
To be young again...
My only thoughts were:

Weight -
dude there are 100 different universal diffusers available online. If you’re committed enough to build one out of wood, you’re committed enough to trim one of those to fit. Most people aren’t. My diffuser weighs a couple pounds, at most.

The shape is just a little off, IMHO. I see your vision, for sure. Just turn down the amplitude and you’re there. Get a universal diffuser and start cutting. I’ll bet you find your look much easier than the plywood.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Right. I dont like the side view. I hear you thinblue. Looks sick from the back but side.. i just dont know what to do to make that look right.

7991, ya i dont know. I didnt study diffusers for more than 2 minutes. It got real scientific real fast and its all just for style/looks really. It probably weighs about 20lbs. I was going to make one out of real carbon but cheaped out got lazy, / slight inimidated. More so cheapout ended up being a 3-400 ordeal. But it would of been badass a real carbon race diffuser if probably a $1500 ordeal if bought.

I want a 347 stroker/t56 if that counts general kartheif. ( not happening though lol)

Right. I dont like the side view. I hear you thinblue. Looks sick from the back but side.. i just dont know what to do to make that look right.

7991, ya i dont know. I didnt study diffusers for more than 2 minutes. It got real scientific real fast and its all just for style/looks really. It probably weighs about 20lbs. I was going to make one out of real carbon but cheaped out got lazy, / slight inimidated. More so cheapout ended up being a 3-400 ordeal. But it would of been badass a real carbon race diffuser if probably a $1500 ordeal if bought.

I want a 347 stroker/t56 if that counts general kartheif. ( not happening though lol)
And since you like to drive in the rain/wet when your drifting that thing, that would be another reason to maybe scratch the wood deal.

Also wanted to chassis mount the rear wing. So wing stands installed to rear bumper, coming through rear bumper cover, then up. Would be pretty dope compared to how its mounted now. Maybe ill do it sometime. I just gotta put something on the mounting setup that can hinge so can open hatch still.

Put the front lip on, and changed to 2" spacers up front vs 1''. 1"er's going to rear and gonna roll fenders see if thats enough. Might not be. Those are 215 tires up front. Going back to 245 in front. Point is, with 3.5" flares the tire will be about 1/2" inside the edge of flair. So hope it looks ok, might have to throw a 1/4" spacer on there. Def. got to cut up a little bit of the fenders. That'll be fun. lol.

It's 2.5" off ground at front center. So might survive for a while. I thought it was going to be lower than that. Putting quick disconnnects on bumper for jacking (kinda, i can use wood reverse up onto it), but mostly so i can get on a trailer.
frontlip2inchspacer.jpg

There was a 1/2" flat piece i cut off so that gave me 1/2'' back. Bearly scrapes getting out my driveway. And its flexible so should be perfect. ie: bearly scrape but not rip off. Its ziptied on btw lolol.

Put the front lip on, and changed to 2" spacers up front vs 1''. 1"er's going to rear and gonna roll fenders see if thats enough. Might not be. Those are 215 tires up front. Going back to 245 in front. Point is, with 3.5" flares the tire will be about 1/2" inside the edge of flair. So hope it looks ok, might have to throw a 1/4" spacer on there. Def. got to cut up a little bit of the fenders. That'll be fun. lol.

It's 2.5" off ground at front center. So might survive for a while. I thought it was going to be lower than that. Putting quick disconnnects on bumper for jacking (kinda, i can use wood reverse up onto it), but mostly so i can get on a trailer.
frontlip2inchspacer.jpg

There was a 1/2" flat piece i cut off so that gave me 1/2'' back. Bearly scrapes getting out my driveway. And its flexible so should be perfect. ie: bearly scrape but not rip off. Its ziptied on btw lolol.
Who do you even get to mount a tire like that 215, and send you out the door thinking that’s ok?

Reactions: 1 users
1) Put the front lip on, and changed to 2" spacers up front vs 1''.
2) Those are 215 tires up front.
3) Its ziptied on btw lolol.

1) you have extended studs, correct?
2) are you trying to check all the stereotype boxes?
3) see above statement. Also, hardware to mount it would be like $10. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.

Rdub, a tire shop. Cant wait to get 245's back on the front. I was getting those tires for cheap $15 but i HATED the look.

No. they have their own studs. so you bolt them to the stock studs.
No. Im just that cool. If ya aint first ya last.

Its engineered to ideally break off a little easier than being bolted on. But i got a lot of zipties on it. It aint going nowhere and it was just easier. Also gives it more flex and rotation.

No. they have their own studs. so you bolt them to the stock studs.
Huh...
No. Im just that cool. If ya aint first ya last.
You need to add even more weight and aerodynamic drag then.
Its engineered to ideally break off a little easier than being bolted on. But i got a lot of zipties on it. It aint going nowhere and it was just easier. Also gives it more flex and rotation.
Huh...

Exterior body parts need more than zip ties, brother. Please, for the safety of others, use some actual hardware. Even ABS plastic can penetrate flesh at fairly low speed. All your BS justification is just being lazy at the end of the day. You know it and we all do to. Do it for the kids, bruh. I’ll PayPal you $10 if you post a picture of your lip mounted with real hardware. For realz

Reactions: 1 users
Fender flare mockup (trimmed) and 1" spacers on the rear. Gonna cut the fenders and install them tomorrow. Stoked on that. Pics to follow.

flaremockup1.jpg
flaremockup2.jpg

Cant get the paint i need in a can, so they'll be black for a week or 2.