Progress Thread 89 hatch hydroplanedrifterweldeddiff thread:

Rdub, eehh prob 2 weeks or so and a lot of patience, failed trys. They would get close. But if you move ur hand they will run. So id throw the carrot..

Mustang5L5, what is that in bottom pic? Hyena?

Noobz347, ya i am. No more slick/dead tires on highway in rain. And when i am on dead tires ima go sloooww.

• Sponsors (?)

Todays mini project: scraping old window tint off. Wasnt terrible once i learned the technique. Prob. 30 minutes. Will get a 20% tint treatment.
20200809_170211.jpg
20200809_173203.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I hope you did not want the defroster grid to still work. There have been many grids taken out by the grid heating cheap tint and both coming off. The tint in my oldest’s kid’s car is so bubbled that it has to come off, but I hesitate because I do not want to tape and repaint all the strips with the grid repair paint in a fingernail polish like bottle.

Ya, didnt even think about it. All good, no biggie for me.. saw a vid with a steamer. I didnt have one, so tried blow dryer. Didnt help, well it might of a wee bit, but not worth the effort.

There is some spray i need to get for my front window that is supposed to help not fog it up.

Yes, pretty soon.. Well i need a rack and ps pump. Its like super hard to turn, somn is locked up. So ima get a 99-04 gt rack, but i need to order mm solid bushings, and u joint for steering shaft conv before its really ready.

Im just in build chill mode for now. Im in no rush. Building is just as fun to me.

I doubt you will be spending a lot of time looking out the back window while drifting or autocrossing. If you are, something has gone wrong, seriously wrong.

I dont think it worked before. Isnt that the chip in the btm left corner? Ya im not gonna repaint those grids.. I was hoping the dark tint will kinda blend it in.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Done. (Painting it tomas, told shop not to b/c ima do somn fancy). Stoked on it. Minus no sway bar. Gotta go front coilovers. Damnit. B/c ima go sn95 control arms and more steering angle, otherwise i could just adapt it.. ill check it first, but I digress...

To do list for now:

Battery rear mount.
3g alt swap
E fans
Lower 1/2 03 cobra bumper add. I ziptied it up just for pic, screwing around. Lol

No worries, Next work segment=more challenges.
01-04 gt rack
Solid steer shaft conv.
Mm solid rack bushings

20200814_182258.jpg
20200814_182247.jpg

Fyi: That battery mount was just to get it on trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
HipAfter an ungodly amount of hours, i got the battery relocate done. Literally a 16 hour ordeal for me, day and a half. that includes not moving fast, a couple runs for solder, grommets. Just dealing with each issue, mistakes (many were made) 3 hours of walking in circles looking for tool i just had i swear. Drinking alcohol.

So after all that, i got 4 wires ran and a battery box mounted. 2 pos, 1 battery to fuse, 1 fuse to starter solenoid, 2 negative, 1 battery to frame, 1 frame to engine block.
I routed in cab driverside, beside back seat and under the backseat cover hinge point, routed out both floor pan grommets driverside, that was pretty handy they made it like that. The further up grommet is perfect, about a foot from clutch pedal in floor pan, drilled thru .750 i believe, and used factory grommet ( i think, maybe not lol) The one beside/under seat, i had to drill to 1 inch and to use a harbor grommet. Then up fenderwell, clamps and self tappers.

20200815_224729.jpg
20200815_225108.jpg
20200815_225117.jpg
20200815_231701.jpg

Still have to finish drill hole for vent tube, made a pilot, and put the hole in box.

Tomorrow is get 3g alternator done and hopefully get fan wiring started.

Last edited:
Only got the front painted today. Need to go get a power distribution block before i do my alt or fans...

Did the strut tower last week with some paint i found from 10+ years ago and that started it.

The front is chrome spray then purpd out.
20200813_152707.jpg
20200816_162758.jpg
20200816_162810.jpg

Going with KPMF dynamic matte lime green im pretty sure. Id like a blue or this pearl white. Been trying to decide forever, hard choice for me, but with the carbon wrapped hood i think the contrast will be cool. Also gonna carbon wrap a cobra wing to add some contrast on back. But itll be a couple months probably till i wrap the car.

Reactions: 2 users
Did the 3g alt and mounted the mystique fans tonight. Will wire them up tomorrow.
20200817_161126.jpg
20200817_161141.jpg
20200817_161215.jpg
20200817_192748.jpg
20200817_214125.jpg

Added the boot i got off the 3g onto my wire. And used the factory plug for the stator (black/white stripe wire) Factory install. Lol. Thats 4ga wire w/ a 125 amp megafuse and holder before the starter relay.

Last edited:
Preciate it. It'll be ready for the next rainfall. Buuut. No front swaybar, so its going to be terrible i think.
Might have to throw it on until i can build my angle kit. Which will require front coilovers. Aarrrgg. Lol.