Interior and Upholstery 89 Interior Paint Codes

mrobins26

Jan 23, 2017
Texas
I need some help with Interior Paint Codes. I have an 89 LX hatchback (exterior color is bright Regatta Blue Metalic).
Interior Colors Codes are "PG" on the door tag.
According to LMR this is Light Pewter which is an '81 color, and either Smoke or Medium Grey.

I have also seen Paint code P listed as Titanium from NPD but this doesn't match any charts I have seen.
Int Colors.PNG
int colors 81.PNG
Int colors 89.PNG

The dash is clearly two tone, and with the majority of the lower part, kick panels, and console being lighter.

Any ideas on where to start with "PG" interior color would be helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

That chart is :poo:. Ignore it. Here is the correct one.

There was never a "Smoke" interior color.

1989 code "G" interior was Medium Grey.

Attachments

• InteriorCodes-01 (1).jpg
    InteriorCodes-01 (1).jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, I'm not sure how LMR has two completely different charts out there, but at least yours matches up with my codes. So Pewter - Medium Grey it is!
Not Pewter. Just Medium Grey. Pewter was a four-eyed interior color.

The second character of the INT TRIM code is the interior color code. The first character is the seat type and material. "P" is Articulated Sport seats in cloth and vinyl.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Not Pewter. Just Medium Grey. Pewter was a four-eyed interior color.

The second character of the INT TRIM code is the interior color code. The first character is the seat type and material. "P" is Articulated Sport seats in cloth and vinyl.
Thanks! I thought it was calling out the two tone interior colors since it was in the "interior color" box. How would you know what color the darker upper part of the dash is vs the lower lighter color? I found a picture of one that looks identical to mine. Mine is just all torn apart right now.
mustang-interior-630x390.jpg