Forced Induction 89 lx code 56 at high rpm

JD2210

Jul 6, 2014
I just got done installing a Vortechs introductory level supercharger on my 1989 LX. It seems like it runs great and has good power but I just noticed when doing a few hard pulls while trying my best to maintain traction, the CEL would come on at around 4500-5000 RPM in 3rd or 4th gear, and then go out when I let off the throttle. I assumed that maybe I was running lean but when I got home and pulled codes the only code other than 15 was code 56 which I believe to be MAF sensor or circuit. Any ideas on what might be causing this code?

Other mods include B303 cam, Trick Flow heads, Trick Flow street heat intake & 1 inch spacer, 75 mm throttle body and EGR spacer, PRO-M 75 mm MAF calibrated for 24# injectors, new style 24# injectors, equal length shorty headers, new O2 sensors, flowmaster American thunder full length catless exhuast, the Vortech FMU calibrated to 8:1, stock ignition, 195 lph fuel pump. I also installed a UPR 3.5" power pipe when I installed the supercharger so the MAF is in the fender now but I didn't extend wires, just had to trim some of the wire wrap from harness to extend it long enough.

Edit: forgot to mention it also has a 4 bank bama chip that was tuned for the combo before the supercharger was added

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)