89 Mustang LX 2.3L Door Lock Button

Tavis

Sep 25, 2012
I have an 89 Mustang LX 2.3L with manual windows. The door lock button is not a driver's side button, it's a passenger side button. The only way to get it to fit is to turn it upside down. Plus the actuator is shot.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I need to find the correct button and wire/connector together. I've only found one on eBay and they are used. The standalone buttons you can buy will not fit.

Does anyone know where I can buy these new?
Here are pics of what I need:

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The reason I'm thinking I do is because I cannot easily remove the wires from the terminal of the switch. I haven't tried too hard as I don't have a replacement yet, so I assumed they were soldered in place.

You know, now that I think about it I think I had a similar problem to what you are describing when I changed window switches on my Mustang years ago. I believe my fix was to swap the internals and the "button" (so I had nice painted up and down arrows) over to the old switch housing. I bought my switches at Autozone, but this was at least 10 years ago.

You know, now that I think about it I think I had a similar problem to what you are describing when I changed window switches on my Mustang years ago. I believe my fix was to swap the internals and the "button" (so I had nice painted up and down arrows) over to the old switch housing. I bought my switches at Autozone, but this was at least 10 years ago.

I'll try swapping the internals of the switch with the original I have and see if that works. If not, I will have to get it elsewhere. Thanks!

Google how to take the plastic connector apart. Iirc the red pc comes out and allows disassembly of the wires from the connector. Done some others, probably not this one. Most of my issues are with window switches.