Roush 89 Notch Saleen

• Sponsors (?)

This looks very much like the Saleen I saw for sale in the car corral section of the Pomona swap meet in 1990-91. I attended the meet for the 1st & only time with a co-worker of mine & a couple of his friends when he was looking for parts for his '55 Chevy Bel Air street rod daily driver.

I remember a dark shadow blue Saleen that someone was selling for what I considered a ridiculously high price & I asked the guy selling it why he thought he'd get so much for it. He rather haughtily replied that because it was such a low serial number & the first one available to the public & was also a coupe that it made it particularly "rare" even though it was only a year or two old.

I just dismissed it out of hand because I already owned #0408 & didn't think the coupe was a particularly desirable body style compared to the convertibles or hatchbacks even though I knew Saleen didn't convert many of them.

How little I knew then... :bang:

Neat car, but that has to be one of the worst descriptions I've ever (tried to) read. :rlaugh:
My wife would give my left nut for a Blue, auto Fox-body Saleen...:eek:

Seems to be that it would've been better without the mods too.

Oh BTW, Marcus, It looks like you sold him the rims(?) :shrug:

Yea.

I sold him those wheels not long ago. They look good huh? I have too many parts laying around.

OK, Yea, that car was on Ebay and was here in Los Angeles about a year ago. It was 100% original then.

True, probably everything he did to it could be returned. If someone is smart, they will buy it and put it back stock and sell all of the mods for a few grand. The intake is worth 900-1 large by itself.

He is actually a really nice guy. Maybe he is having money problems.

379rwhp thru an AOD ain't too shabby. Probably pulls good with those 4.10's. However, IMO too much gear for the HWY I'm sure even with the AOD. I noticed from the limited engine pics "Careful", that there looks like something funky done with the heater hoses. And, the A/C has definitely been removed. It does have some nice brakes, wheels, and intake. But other than that it's a high mileage car that has been tinkered with quite abit.

not for $5000 right?

That's what i was thinking, geez he claims 5k, but got them for 1100.

And is it me, or is this another guy that didn't vacumm his car before he took the pics?

Not to sound cruel, but it sounds a little like a sob story, then he ends it with sorry about my spelling i'm a mechanic, it probably took longer to type that sentence than it would of to just run spell check or proofread it.

I should have said "deep shadow blue" instead of "dark shadow blue."

I also seem to recall that when I saw this car in Pomona it had the dark gray 5-spoke ARE wheels.

If Marcus remembers this Saleen being around a year ago, perhaps he can confirm my vague memories about it (I haven't checked my Saleen Book).

The only reason ebay pulls something is if the type of title or the title history is wrong. It could have a clea rtitle but at some point have a salvage or wrecked history and this would not allow you to list it as a clear title. Usually if the person who lists it it will still show up. It will just say item is no longer available.

its back up again, the seller said he had the wrong Vin # on there and someone reported it.....

Anyway, this car was on ebay little less then a year ago....i was very interested in it, and lost it by one Bid.

Now i email this seller a few questions , and asked for some engine bay pics.....i get a response similar to what his description is - a tough read . Also no pics .

Id really like to have this car and nurse it back to health....its just what ive been looking for.

i emailed again asking for pics.....i wish it were closer...im in NY , car is in Nevada.

Joezeta