9" Ends On 8.8

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same 8.8 ends but if i did it over again i would go to a larger bearing style end and just redrill my brake brackets.

If you used the moser 8.8 bolt pattern end it will allow you to just bolt your drum backing plate up with no issues though

I have the same 8.8 ends but if i did it over again i would go to a larger bearing style end and just redrill my brake brackets.

If you used the moser 8.8 bolt pattern end it will allow you to just bolt your drum backing plate up with no issues though
prob do the that if i ever break the 31's in the car now

Ok this might be a dumb question but I'm about to possibly order the 9" ends But me being me i always try to do everything myself. To keep the 9" ends perfectly straight I was thinking of building a jig to straight edge of the front and square off that for the 9" ends. and measure from the straight edge to the axle tubes to make sure they are perfect aswell. Am I crazy to think this would work? There are no shops around here that I know of that could weld this the proper way.

images.jpg

you need a jig to do it right... it rides on the carrier bearings and the outer bearings ride on it to keep the ends inline.