Fuel 91 fox low fuel pressure issues

Slygh93

Apr 15, 2018
Delaware
Hey there, long time reader/ searcher of the forum. Just never actually posted. But anywho i have a 91 fox that i purchased recently. It has a trick flow intake manifold, a bbk cold air intake/mass air flow/ 70mm throttle body, 24# injectors, under drive pullies and a few other things i cant think of off the top of my head. When i purchased the car the performance was a little lackluster for the mods it had. The gas tank leaked a little so pulled it and while it was out i put a new edlbrock 155lph fuel pump. Car ran great for a few days and now it stumbles pretty bad at idle and while im driving unless i really step on it. The car has a adjustable fuel pressure regulator(looks pretty old) and when i adjusted it in either direction i saw no change in fuel pressure. Am i right to assume the afpr is bad? Car currently is only getting 20psi of fuel pressure upon startup and drops to about 10 before stalling out

• Sponsors (?)

pull the vacuum hose of the FPR and smell it. If it is wet or smells like gas then it is bad. You are running very lean. You should be at 37 to 41 with the hose off and plugged while the car is idling. You could also have screwed up in the fuel pump install and either kinked the hose of the sock is on wrong or clocked, or the pump is bad out of the box.

Reactions: 1 user