KRUISR

5 Year Member
Apr 16, 2015
If you ever look in the rad fill cap you will see that the factory "cooler" is really nothing more than a single tube that connects the two trans line fittings. Personally I would skip the factory one in the rad (unless you drive in freezing temps and need it to warm up the trans fluid).

I would go a shift kit, auxiliary cooler and whatever rear gears you like (personally I had 3.73s). Don't need the stall converter unless you are needing higher rpm launches. The factory converter will work great for a cruiser. Most aftermarket cams suggest a higher stall converter so that you can maximize the power their cam can produce (most make more power higher in the rpm range and actually kill power down low - hence wanting you to rev up before you get moving).

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors(?)

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
Get the largest cooler you can fit in the from fascia. Heat is the worst enemy of an AOD
Call Dan at Silverfox- he will steer you in the right direction. I've run several of his valve bodies. and AOD rebuild kits. A good valve body and a set of 3.73's will wake it up. If the car is fairly stock you can go up to a 2400 or so stall, if HCI or a power adder go to 2800-3200 stall on a converter. I like TCI and Silverfox.

Start here are clickclickracing.com

Reactions: 1 user

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
I contacted Dan in May, got an auto response listing all of the things he is busy with. His kids, Remodeling a house, Covid etc. and it said if he decided to put you on a wait list for a VB it would be close to 20 weeks.

Just letting you know.

LAFF

Enough to make my old Nipples hard
Jul 2, 2019
Chillicothe, Missouri
Thanks for your response.

Money is not an issue, and I don't drive everyday so I am not too concerned about gas prices.

Could you elaborate about the part where you said that my engine is stock, and I shouldn't worry about my transmission?
Was drinking when I posted that .
Pay no attention to my rambling.
You do whatever you want to do with your ride.
No bodies business but yours. :)