Engine 91 lx 5.0 cranks no start

Let me start by saying I have read many pages on many sites and have not come up with much. Now I will turn to you guys for much needed help. I need my car back on the road asap.

Right now my car cranks but does not fire. It will fire with ether sprayed into the manifold directly. So far I have changed:
Battery (It didn't have enough CCA)
Starter (shot)
coil (probably still good)
Distributor cap (probably still good)

This did not just happen out of nowhere, I guess... I tore the upper intake off over a year ago planning to upgrade to a GT40 intake, just never finished the job. As my luck sucks my wife wrecks her car and I have to get my mustang (project car) back on the road immediately. I have read the cranks but wont start help and either I am confused, dumb, or just missing something.

I still need to check the injectors firing, I just hate to buy a noid light if I will only use it this one time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end and I am ready to throw my hands in the air.

• Sponsors (?)

I have only had my fox for half a year but it had an issue where the fuel line inside the sending unit was split and it wouldn't send enough fuel. One day the tear got too big and it wouldnt fire for lack of fuel. Idk if my problem was specific for me but possibly the ethanol couldve eaten your line the same as mine. Hopefully this helps at all.