91 Mustang notch, 1/4 mile estimates?

EndingLife

May 31, 2009
Been wondering what my coupe would run, haven't had a chance to take it to the track yet. It's a 91 5.0 coupe with a world class T5, basically stock other than exhaust, cold air kit, underdrive pullies, throttle body. Estimates for 1/4 mile anyone? Also going to be swapping for some MT ET street's, and bbk equal lenth headers. Any extimates for before, and after tires/headers? Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Before, maybe low 14s depending on your driving skill and track conditions. Traction will be an issue. After, mid to high 13s.

If you haven't bought them yet, may I suggest avoiding the equal length shorties? I have them on my car, and hate them. The clearance issue is really a problem. Either go with standard shorties or long tubes. I'm not convinced the performance advantage over standard shorties justifies the clearance issue.

Before, maybe low 14s depending on your driving skill and track conditions. Traction will be an issue. After, mid to high 13s.

If you haven't bought them yet, may I suggest avoiding the equal length shorties? I have them on my car, and hate them. The clearance issue is really a problem. Either go with standard shorties or long tubes. I'm not convinced the performance advantage over standard shorties justifies the clearance issue.

somewhere around 14.1. Just a guess. Drive the car like you hate it.

I haven't had a problem with shorties, but if you get longtubes. Be careful, and make sure the steering shaft clears headers by a good distance.