92 aod conversion

Lswhat

Feb 9, 2004
Orlando
i have a 67 coupe that neededs a tranny bad. my friend is willing to give me the aod he took out of his girlfriends car that stoppped working after a 4 grand rev drop as a start. I will be having it built for my abuse so that will not be a problem. The question is i know i will need a crossmember that will work with it is there anyone who offers one or do i just need to weld a plate on to mine?

• Sponsors (?)

I know mustangs plus offers some aod conversion parts and I think the crossmember is one of them. I think their website is mustangsplus.com. I am considering same swap. Let us know how it goes

Lswhat said:
Im looking in the full catalog right now and dont see any aod conversion crossmembers only for the t-5. also how about urathane motor mount does anybody have them yet?

I looked in my new mustangs plus catalog that I got in the mail last week. On page 250 mid page there is a aod crossmember for a 67 to 70 for 129.95. The part number is 10044. I have run urathane mounts with good success, but don't remember where I got them. It may have been NPD.

In addition to the new crossmember you are going to need a new flywheel (unless you have a late model motor), a new block plate, a TV cable, and new shifter linkages too. I also needed longer bolts for the block since the flanges on my 1990 AOD are thicker than the C4 it replaced.

Edbert said:
In addition to the new crossmember you are going to need a new flywheel (unless you have a late model motor), a new block plate, a TV cable, and new shifter linkages too. I also needed longer bolts for the block since the flanges on my 1990 AOD are thicker than the C4 it replaced.
Edbert
Where did you get your parts from? And do you have to have the drive shaft shortened?

bartman said:
Edbert
Where did you get your parts from? And do you have to have the drive shaft shortened?
Go to Windsor Fox, thats where the big vendors get theirs from anyhow and you avoid the markup. I am replacing my driveshaft anyhow so I do not know if it would have fit. It is doubtfull since I've replaced the 8 with a 9 out back.

i do have a 87 motor with the small flywheel and 87 motor plate. it will be getting a racthit shifter. i do believe the draft shaft has to be shortned but i got a place that will do that right down from the speed shop. and ill just get arp bolts for the bellhousing. the guy thats going to build the tranny knows where to get a cable that will work with the carb and he will adjust it after the install.

Lswhat said:
i do have a 87 motor with the small flywheel and 87 motor plate. it will be getting a racthit shifter. i do believe the draft shaft has to be shortned but i got a place that will do that right down from the speed shop. and ill just get arp bolts for the bellhousing. the guy thats going to build the tranny knows where to get a cable that will work with the carb and he will adjust it after the install.
ARP may be overkill, I went out and bought some generic grade-8 bolts for mine. When I looked closely the stock ones had no grade at all on them :D

I guess there's not much stress on those connectors after all.