92 foxbody power windows?

hey guys, i don't know much about electrical but i bought a 1992 mustang 5.0. I was told the car had power windows etc but the previous owner decided to remove them so the car would be lighter. I opened the door panel up to take a look. I seen this one wire which i took a picture of. Is this the wire for power windows that runs from drivers side and behind the dash to the passenger side? The car also has power mirrors and that wire is already connected and working.

mustang wire.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I could be wrong, it's been awhile since I've been inside a door, but I wanna say that's the speaker wire. The door locks and windows are in the same harness I think. Lots of pink wires if I remember correctly. Do you have the arm rests, switches and harness? should be plug and play unless they cut a bunch of wires.

That's the door speaker wire.

91-93 Mustangs are wired slightly differently in the doors than earlier Mustangs. The door/window switch plugs are wired directly to the harness rather than having a plug like the 87-90 cars.

They look like this. The accordion part is what extends between the body and the door. The short plugs connect just inside the door frame and the other plugs to the the switches, window motor, mirror, speaker, door lock actuator. etc.

1634740070741.png

Here's how this harness is routed in the door
06593C84-DEE6-48D1-839F-41930F8B79A4.jpeg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user