92 Gt Door Replacement

Amoroq

Jan 7, 2017
Well, I'd like to say I'm very much new here...and something rather crappy has happened earlier today which I'm still sick from...and feel incredibly dumb for. Anyway this is the damage.

I haven't had a quote for it yet as the body shops in my area are closed and will not open til Monday morning so I figured I'd get an idea. My question is how much would it be to replace it? Door won't open at all and window is busted out. I'm guessing around 3k?

Attachments

• IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    949.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Man that sucks, those doors are all over the place, at least here in Fl. Where you at? If you look for your own door make sure you check the bottom and pull the door panel off and check for rust inside. If you have a power door (most do) get a power door, don't be convinced you can change a non power one over. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I'm in KY. I've searched online and I can not find an actual door. I find everything else but an actual panel. I did find one on eBay buts it's a passenger door, might have to check junkyard for at least the bare minimum. The interior is unscathed so at least I can have the same interior without much trouble; at least that's what I believe...tryin to be positive.

I appreciate the welcome and reply.

Stop by a towing service or body shop and grab some of that cling wrap they put on wrecks and wrap it up till you get a door. There out there just be patient and get the best one you can, that wreck wrap stuff works great to keep junk out, use it and keep us posted, unlike the goverment we ARE here to help.

I really appreciate it. Right now I've got it tarped so nothing can get into it; wrapped a bit tight so it doesn't fly off and tied down. Truly it was heartbreaking after it happened.

Just hopin it's not what I think it is; I'd be happy with paying 2.5k. Again, I appreciate the responses.

I really appreciate it. Right now I've got it tarped so nothing can get into it; wrapped a bit tight so it doesn't fly off and tied down. Truly it was heartbreaking after it happened.

Just hopin it's not what I think it is; I'd be happy with paying 2.5k. Again, I appreciate the responses.

What do you mean by 'hoping it's not what I think it is'.
What do you think it is? 2.5 k for what?

It's kind of hard to tell about interior damage.

Does the door still open? Did the 1/4 jamb get tweaked when the door pulled on the striker?

Let's get a guy from your area to chime in, he may be able to help you find a replacement door. @RaggedGT

There's no way that it will cost anything like what your thinking. It can be even cheaper if you get a door to take to the shop you choose. With that green, it would be good to blend the paint on the 1/4 and front fender.

Sorry about you accident buddy.
A quick craigslist search netted me about 4 posts parting on foxes,and they all had doors lol. Depending g where in Ky you are I can point you in the right direction

I buy craigslist doors usually for $50 or less and keep them as spares. I have 3 sets but I'm too far away to help you. My point is keep looking on craigslist and junkyard. You will find a door.

Thank you all for your responses. I did take some more pics and I did try to get the door open from the outside, inside, and within the door. I could not get it to budge not one bit. Here's what I got.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 165
Thank you all for your responses. I did take some more pics and I did try to get the door open from the outside, inside, and within the door. I could not get it to budge not one bit. Here's what I got.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    556.3 KB · Views: 181
The door is junk so get jig saw and cut an opening level with the striker, big hole, take a hammer and hit the door latch straight towards the door jam, you may have to use a pipe or rod against the latch and hit it with a hammer, you should be able to relieve the pressure on the striker.

Yep, pretty much what @karthief says.

You'll want to get it open to see what the rest of the damage might be. You might be lucky and not have any 1/4 jamb damage. If there isn't any, find a replacement door and put it on there till you can afford paint.

Yeah, I have been checkin around. I did find someone on Craigslist who has quite a bit of parts for foxbodies. I was way out of it at the time just because it had just happened and was fearing for the worst.

So as of right now, I'm still checkin around for some. Due to some really crappy timing of some things; weather and work primarily, I am goin to a junkyard to look around.

UPDATE: so I went and got it looked at, and they said the rocker is bent in several inches and quoted me around 3k like I originally expected but I'm gonna scavenge for parts and do what I can to lower it down.

Last edited: