92 to 95 spindle swap

I have changed the spindles but I can tell that the alignment is not going to be accurate. I am also reading that the brakes may give me some issues due to the rear drum set up on the car. To fix the alignment issue can I add aftermarket camber/caster plates? What else should I look out for. The donor spindles are from a 95 I double checked. The 92 was a 4cyl but it now has a V8 from a 92 Gt in it.
Any help will be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, you will need an alignment. Your toe will be off. You shouldn’t need CC plates unless you are lowering the car down as well.

if you are keeping the rear drum brakes you can leave the stock MC and booster. Pedal feel will be close to stock.

99-04 cobra brakes will be the closest to stock. The 99-04 GT 2-piston will be next closest.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you done a swap on this before? The geometry of the spindles are different and when I rotate the spindle the strut looks to have excessive side to side movement. I know I am asking for advice because this is my first time dealing with this swap but I have been a mechanic for 20 years and this just looks like it's going to need more than an alignment. I appreciate your response

Yes...I’m experienced in these swaps.

B272B606-1C0A-4D51-A4CD-614187856310.jpeg

The only change to the strut mount is the location is lowered relative the stock fox location. You will need an alignment no matter what, but nothing that shouldn’t be able to be aligned back to spec unless you drop the car 2” or so. Your toe will be waaaay off, so don’t be surprised there. Both wheels will be toed in

the strut body won’t pivot on its axis. Depending on how you rotate it around the balljoint, the body will move in and out. It will move closest to the inside when you turn the spindle out.

any pics of your setup?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for responding. Mine is completely stock 95 parts nothing to look at but I'll post some pics of the car later though. I am working on it at this moment and it looks like my tie rods from the fox may be a little short because it was toed in pretty far. I have to use the brakes off of the SN95 so I think I will need to address that issue later. What I meant by the strut moving around a lot was if you off center the bottom location then the strut pivots differently than it was intended. Maybe I am worrying about nothing. I am going to keep on going until something doesn't work right, thanks again

The toe issue is typical, and you don’t need to buy new parts. You can just unthread yourself currrnt ends and there should still be plenty of thread engagement. Obviously you should verify. Aftermarket bump-steer style tie rod ends usually allow for a little more engagement if it makes you sleep better at night.

I’m having trouble picturing what you mean with regards to the strut though.

Reactions: 1 users
I've recently done the swap on my Fox and I agree with 5 l5 ,I just took two cresent wrenches ,held lock nut on outer tie rod and loosened tie rod then adjusted till it slipped in spindle ,locked nut down ,repeat for other side. I used sting method to adjust the toe in.