Roush 92 white Saleen vert on ebay

• Sponsors (?)

What an idiot.

Q: What SALEEN # is this car? I looked up the VIN and did not find it in the SALEEN reg in the 1992 section. Thanks Greg
Jan-05-06
A: This car is a clone. I bought a 1991 saleen at the salvage pool and took all the parts off and installed them on this car which is extremely clean with low miles THANKS SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION

The car is not a Saleen- Buyer Beware!

ah yeah i see where it says that now. way too high of a price for that car. i have had real fox Saleens offered to me for less than that! man i hope everyone catches the fact that the vin says its a 4 cylinder!

Jay

I think you guys are a bit too bitter about this car.
Doesn't seem like he tried to fool anyone, he just didn't come straight out and call it a clone. This is why we ask questions.
He did come clean about everything, and he doesn't offer any build numbers in the ad.
And it is damn well worth 9,000, let's see white, very clean, full saleen kit, and a black interior.
I've seen much less, sell for more.

I personally love the car.

Nah Joe.

I don't think anyone is too bitter about the car per se. I'm not. I think the problem is with the guy. In his subtitle he says "1992 MUSTANG SALEEN CONVERTIBLE ". That is where he had the opportunity to state that it was a clone, replica or rebuilt from a damaged or salvaged Saleen. No where in his description does he mention it's not a real car even though it has a windshield banner, Racecraft decals and he makes sure he shows pictures of an unreadable console plaque, engine bay plaque, and Saleen intake plate. His bumper number is in the wrong spot. I don't want to rip on the car either. I think it looks pretty good. I wish there were more interior shots.

You and I both know we were drawn to it because you and I love 18" Saleen wheels on a fox. That's for sure. As always, buyer beware. He sure remembers to tell us only about the shortcomings and deception in the auction when someone asks a question like Mike did, or the guy that asked about the mileage and the car really has 90k miles on it but the description says 32k, but the motor has 3,200. Oh well. No big deal. At least he comes clean and opts to make all of the questions and answers available in the auction.

I agree though, 9k is a lot for even a clean fox Saleen vert. That's why I feel that some of those bids that high were made before people starteed calling him on it. They can always retact their bids also.

marcus95 said:
Nah Joe.

I agree though, 9k is a lot for even a clean fox Saleen vert. That's why I feel that some of those bids that high were made before people starteed calling him on it. They can always retact their bids also.

Well, i do see your points, but that is what research is for. He told the truth, just not all of it.

But you may of mis interpreted what i said about the price, i think 9,000 is fair if the condition of the car is as good as the pics look. I've know a few guys that have sold lx and gt verts in nice condition for 7000-8500.
Fox prices are plain old up these days.

As far as the 18's, i still feel the speedlines would look better,:) Guys are wearing this style out on foxes with replicas. Glad the speedline look really can't be duplicated.

Did he say if it's a 4 banger conversion?

no there is no mention of a 4 cyl conversion but the VIN says so. with ads like this you just need to be quicker than the other guy. the fact that there is no mention of a 4 cyl swap is just plain wrong & misrepresenting what he has. BTW my 90 Saleen SC repo is a 4 cyl conversion car buts thats no secret & certainly here ;-)

Jay