Electrical 93’ 8 pin connector

Can anyone tell me what the brown 8 pin connector over by the diagnostic port contains. I have looked at the schematic by TMoss and do not even see it. I recently purchased this particular car and it has some issues running correctly once warmed up.
Through the course of trouble shooting (all of which came from this site) I found the plug is not even connected together which I assume it should be. I know I did not unplug it, so I want to be sure what it controls before I plug it back together so I can ensure those controlled items function properly.
Also, inside the main harness in that same location is the IDM 22k resistor. Once I got my heat shrink off it, my resistor came out in two pieces, I do not know if I caused that or if it was broken and is the root cause of my running issues.
I digress, the part that bother me is that the resistor was tied in to its correct wire but then that wire was tied into another tan/yellow wire that goes to the brown connector and I believe pin 54 in the EEC. I am unsure if these should be tied together for some reason (I don’t think they should) but if anyone just happens to be able to check theirs or knows the answer to this off hand I would appreciate knowing. I believe I am almost on top of my poor running issue.

Thanks to anyone with info. I tried searching extensively, checked all
My books I have on hand, TMoss’ site and the only thing I find is persons trying to tie together gray and black 8 pins to brown 8 pins and blah blah... lol. 21A2310B-00CA-4904-9DE9-DE30691AD892.jpeg 371DCD4E-69C7-4CB1-A942-92815C5C40FA.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Can anyone tell me what the brown 8 pin connector over by the diagnostic port contains. I have looked at the schematic by TMoss and do not even see it. I recently purchased this particular car and it has some issues running correctly once warmed up.
Through the course of trouble shooting (all of which came from this site) I found the plug is not even connected together which I assume it should be. I know I did not unplug it, so I want to be sure what it controls before I plug it back together so I can ensure those controlled items function properly.
Also, inside the main harness in that same location is the IDM 22k resistor. Once I got my heat shrink off it, my resistor came out in two pieces, I do not know if I caused that or if it was broken and is the root cause of my running issues.
I digress, the part that bother me is that the resistor was tied in to its correct wire but then that wire was tied into another tan/yellow wire that goes to the brown connector and I believe pin 54 in the EEC. I am unsure if these should be tied together for some reason (I don’t think they should) but if anyone just happens to be able to check theirs or knows the answer to this off hand I would appreciate knowing. I believe I am almost on top of my poor running issue.

Thanks to anyone with info. I tried searching extensively, checked all
My books I have on hand, TMoss’ site and the only thing I find is persons trying to tie together gray and black 8 pins to brown 8 pins and blah blah... lol. 21A2310B-00CA-4904-9DE9-DE30691AD892.jpeg 371DCD4E-69C7-4CB1-A942-92815C5C40FA.jpeg
See http://www.fuelinjectedford.com/page6.html for help...

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
So, tannish/brown and yellow strip wire comes from main harness, and splits off into 3 wires. (2) Same color wire continues to feed into the rest of the harness, and another same wire goes to the 22 k resistor which feeds to an all tan color wire

Attachments

• AB105876-E78D-4AAD-8FEB-BE53B71A1715.jpeg
    AB105876-E78D-4AAD-8FEB-BE53B71A1715.jpeg
    305.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 0A855F92-BE96-43A8-BC85-F6D658E42296.jpeg
    0A855F92-BE96-43A8-BC85-F6D658E42296.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 108