93 5.0 MSPNP2 tuning ?s

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Hope you're not ticked off at me.... I do appreciate the advice!

Did you have to still use the MAT/CLT correction with the MAT sensor moved to the inlet?
No, I used ego to take care of it... but my car liked to be lean so even a 10% difference would barely affect idle quality.
Like I said as long as it does not affect idle quality leave it be, shooting for a perfect number will drive you crazy.

• Sponsors(?)

Skind

Jun 28, 2018
IN
Ok. I'll see what this does tomorrow, and if not satisfactory, I'll mess with the EGO. Should have tried it before I moved it. :doh: I can always move it back....

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Dont move it back, your are already closer to target on hot start than you were previously without the blend table. Keep on going. When you are with in 4% both ways you have won.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Yes, otherwise it will take to long to start adjusting fuel...
You may need to lower the P-term to slow down the sensor. Dont go lower than 9
I-term may need to be adjusted possibly as low as 50
D-term is last resort a very small number here .1-1

Reactions: 1 user

Skind

Jun 28, 2018
IN
Well, I think I may have learned a lesson. When trying to fine tune something, you can't rush it by making changes from a log from one time of day. You need a variety of logs to make a change otherwise you're chasing your tail. I know you guys already know that, and @a91what told me that, but I'm a hard head and have to do it the hard way....
Anyway, I think I got the idle afr as good as it's going to get. It about 4% rich in the morning when MAT is 110*. Right on around MAT 130-140* which is what it runs after driving for 20+ minutes. In the heat of the day while stopped in traffic for a little while it'll go 3-4% lean at 155*. To get there the MAT sensor is in the inlet piping, I am using the MAT/CLT correction, 2 days of morning and afternoon driving.
I tried using EGO control at idle. It seems to work well to reign that in pretty close. But it seems to cause problems with a hot start by surging. So I moved it back to 1200 rpm.
So I still have a lean condition on hot start. But I've played with it several different ways, I just ended up with using the last cell in the ASE Taper to a length to cause the least amount of problems. You can still tell when it ends, but it's not terrible. That's where I'm going to leave it for now, until I have another idea to try. There are a few other things I need to iron out, but I think I'm going to enjoy driving it for a little bit.:burnout:

Reactions: 1 user

Skind

Jun 28, 2018
IN
Im glad you were able to get it close, 4% is not bad at all.!

I am glad I was able to help.

I'm greatful for your help!:hail:
I know I'll need to bug you more...
I know I kinda made a big deal about this idle situation, but the rest of the tune the car drives great compared to what is was. Seems way more smooth, more responsive, maybe a little more seat of the pants power!!!
Hey, what do you use from the log to get an idea on the power it's putting out?

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
without some kind of air meter.. it's near impossible.. there is a calculation of HP from injector duty cycle but from my experience it is way off