93-95 cobra 5.0 is it 2valve or 4valve???

mat82284 said:
ok thanks for the info i was told i had a cobra engine but when i bought it i didnt belive it and it was a good deal anyways but i figured what the hell theres still that 3% lol

3%...........what do you mean.

Check the heads. Take the time to do it. Just take the A/C off it's mount and you will be able to see. Don't unhook the lines or anything just loosen the pump and lift it out of the way so you can see the heads.

Also they will have GT stamped on the lower edge. Where the lower head bolts go in. At the back.

• Sponsors (?)

i ment 3% because the guy didnt know much i noticed just by looking at it that the spark plugs where backwards and it made it backfire and i said it will cost a lot to fix so give the deal and he did hes dumb. he said the dealership he bought it from said it was a cobra engine swap. but if it was you would think it would have 24lb injectors right? or maybe replaced to 19 ill check behind the ac tomarrow ill let you know when i get off work if i have gt40 heads or not. thanks for that pic it will help a lot

mat82284 said:
i ment 3% because the guy didnt know much i noticed just by looking at it that the spark plugs where backwards and it made it backfire and i said it will cost a lot to fix so give the deal and he did hes dumb. he said the dealership he bought it from said it was a cobra engine swap. but if it was you would think it would have 24lb injectors right? or maybe replaced to 19 ill check behind the ac tomarrow ill let you know when i get off work if i have gt40 heads or not. thanks for that pic it will help a lot

Well if it was a swap then it could have any injector in it. Just because it has 19s don't mean it's not a cobra motor.

Look on the driver side at the very back of the head. There should be a little GT stamped under the header on the head. It's where the head bolts go in.

sixty9boss302 said:
If the normal gt 5.0 were rated at 225 hp with the E7 heads and regular intake mani. the cobra engine must have really been conservative in the hp ratings because i think its only rated at 235 from the factory. I would think that the gt-40 heads and the cobra intake combined with a higher cam and bigger MAF and TB with #24 injectors, it would make a lot more than 235? sounds a little underated to me?!?!?! anyone else?
The Cobra's cam was actually a milder grind than the GT's. The engineers at Ford didn't like the way the GT cam idled with the GT40 heads, so they came up withe the milder Cobra cam to fix this "problem". And yes, the motor's hp ratings are fudged a little on the downside.