93-98 Ford Taurus rear caliper

mark007

Apr 23, 2004
texas
Afternoon gents. Just a quick question for anyone running or looking at the 93-98 Ford Taurus rear caliper. Did anyone have a mounting issue where the caliper mounts to the caliper bracket? I finally received my pieces, and when I went to mock up everything, the rears did not match up. I confirmed that I did have the correct SN95 brackets. It's what I remember buying from a former member on the Corral. So just curious if anyone else may have experienced this issue.

• Sponsors (?)

Here's mine on my 04 IRS brackets.

pnggF5Q.jpg

zbCziv9.jpg

I've looked at y'all's pictures, and for the life of me can't see why they are wider than what you guys have. I'm working all this week, but hope to have pics and measurements up by Friday. This actually put me behind a week. Was hoping to have these broke down, and sent out for powdercoating this week.

gonna be tearing out everything here next month, to see exactly what's not measuring up correctly. don't know why my rear calipers wouldn't bolt right up, but will figure it out. just have to get out of this on-call month for work.

Sorry for the slow reply guys. work and life sideswipe me way too often. Guess that's why this and the others have been 16 year projects. Anyhow, some pics that will hopefully give you guys and idea of what I'm working with.

Mustang5l5 saw your post about the other day about your spacer stacking for the tie rod, and it got me to looking at mine also.

Attachments

• 20200628_180524[1].jpg
    20200628_180524[1].jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20200628_180925[1].jpg
    20200628_180925[1].jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 20200628_180943[1].jpg
    20200628_180943[1].jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 159
What’s the bracket on the caliper look like that’s holds the pads? I was using the mustang bracket, but putting the 43mm caliper in that.

if you are using the Taurus pad bracket, that might be the reason why.

When I set my tie rods spacers to where yours are, my bumpsteer was way out. Had to ditch the silver spacer and using 0.326 on one side and 0.430 on the other just to give you an idea

What’s the bracket on the caliper look like that’s holds the pads? I was using the mustang bracket, but putting the 43mm caliper in that.

if you are using the Taurus pad bracket, that might be the reason why.

When I set my tie rods spacers to where yours are, my bumpsteer was way out. Had to ditch the silver spacer and using 0.326 on one side and 0.430 on the other just to give you an idea
Yes, I am usiing the SN95 bracket. When it comes to comparing the holes on both brackets the Taurus unit is further spaced apart. I have gone back to O'Reily's and compared other Taurus units, and it's the same. Not sure why. I ordered the exact same parts from the list in you guys threads.

As you can see from the dust and rust, it's been a minute since I truly messed with the car. I'm hoping over the winter break to pull down everything to r&r back to life. During that time I'll look into my spacer stacking.