93 cobra 5 lug conversion?

steve75

Dec 25, 2006
i have a 93 cobra and i just finished a sn95 5 lug conversion. but the front tires stick out from the finders about 3/8 of an inch.i put the stock 17x9 wheels off of my old 2003 cobra on the car. i was wondering if there was anything different about the cobras that would cause this, or if i got taken at the salvage yard. maybe he gave me 96 and up spindles. ive done a million searches on ten different sites, but i cant find any info on a the 93 cobra 5 lug conversion. any info is appricated.

• Sponsors (?)

Even the 94/95 spindles will push the wheels out a tiny bit. Prior beleifs that they kept the stock Fox track are now being proven to be incorrect. They add about 3/8" and the 96+ spindles are about 5mm on top of that

thanks for the info guys. i guess i will get some 17x8 cobra r wheels with a 30 offset for the front and 17x9 with a 24 offset for the rear that should do it. thanks guys

Ok. It doesn't seem too bad. Probably one of those things that the person installing it notices more than everyone else....(kinda like how I think my shutters on the house are crooked).

Thanks for the pic.