93 Cobra computer swap

carter

Jan 27, 2003
Nashville,TN
Currently have a 93 Cobra that is stock except for off road x pipe, flowmasters, 3:55 gear & Steeda springs. I remember about 5 years ago when I had another 93 Cobra someone told me swapping the Cobra computer out for a GT computer would make the car run allot better. I asked a local Mustang guru about this and he said I would have to swap the Mass Air meter to a 19lb meter for the car to run right. I was just wondering if anyone had swapped their Cobra computer out for a GT and if it made enough difference to bother with. This is the third 93 Cobra I've owned but the first one was the best running by far with 105k on it. I just wonder if the computer had been swapped in it or if something else had been done to it. Opinions on which GT computer is best would also help. I've heard the AOD computer has a more aggressive fuel curve programmed in it. Any help appreciated.
:D :D

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt swap the computer at all. Instead I would have a custom chip burned on a dyno. If you are happy with the set-up you have and the mods you have then this is the best way IMO.