93 Cobra computer swap??

carter

Jan 27, 2003
Nashville,TN
Currently have a 93 Cobra that is stock except for off road x pipe, flowmasters, 3:55 gear & Steeda springs. I remember about 5 years ago when I had another 93 Cobra someone told me swapping the Cobra computer out for a GT computer would make the car run allot better. I asked a local Mustang guru about this and he said I would have to swap the Mass Air meter to a 19lb meter for the car to run right. I was just wondering if anyone had swapped their Cobra computer out for a GT and if it made enough difference to bother with. This is the third 93 Cobra I've owned but the first one was the best running by far with 105k on it. I just wonder if the computer had been swapped in it or if something else had been done to it. Opinions on which GT computer is best would also help. I've heard the AOD computer has a more aggressive fuel curve programmed in it. Any help appreciated.

:D :D

• Sponsors (?)

If it were my decision, I'd pick up a TwEECer or PMS and tune it to my specific combo. Either way you think about it, swapping to the A9x EEC still leaves you with a factory tune that isn't optimized to your car. Head up to the Fox 5.0 Tuning subforum of 5.0 Tech and do some reading about your tuning options, if that's something that interests you. You may decide to go that route instead?

By the way, welcome to :SNSign:

Newbie A9L problem in GT350 Restomod

What a mess!

1970 Shelby GT350 convo with 93 5.0 HO w/AOD (I think)... maybe AODe?

When this thing fell off of the transport 1.5 years ago, it was difficult to describe it without using the word "cluster". It is now breathtaking (cosmetically), but there are tranny & steering issues.

Someone put a A9L computer in it, and it runs fine, but it will not shift at normal RPMs. If I butterfly it to create pressure changes, I can coax it into a shift, but there is something wrong.

It looks like a A9P computer may work better, but connecting the computer to the AOD is confusing for an old 302/C4 player.

What is the computer of choice for this motor (daily driver w/AC)

I was told that the injectors are stock... which is hopefully fine until we put the 303? cam into it.

I bought the VSS with both the mechanical speedo provision, and the 2 wire harness.

How does the harness connect to the computer?

Does it connect to a A9L?

Will this allow the computer to tell the tranny to shift properly?

Are there any Dr. 5.0 Phd's in West Houston?

Thanks,

DB
Clueless Newbie who knows it