yeah the 10 BHP was :bs:

The differences are

GT-40 Heads
Cobra Upper and GT-40 lower Intake
65mm Throttle Body
70mm Mass Air Sensor
24# Injectors
1.72 roller Rockers
X3Z Computer (Not as good as A9L from later 5.0's)
Different Cam (Again not as good/wild as 5.0's)

I think they had a underdrive pulley as well, Cant remeber if It was the water pump or Crank, I think it was the water pump, Im sure someone can confirm this,
I think power on a Stock 93 cobra was close to 265 at the wheels, around 290 at the fly,
Correct me if Im wrong anyone

Starscream88 said:
I think power on a Stock 93 cobra was close to 265 at the wheels, around 290 at the fly,
Correct me if Im wrong anyone
And after all that it was still a dog. '93 Cobras were a joke in the power department even with all those goodies. The still got waxed by the F-Bodies of the same year. The cam (T-Bird/Cougar) and computer really did that combo in. Now...run it with even a stock HO cam and computer and then we're talkin!!!

Yes and no. The "P" heads were based off of the regular GT-40 design, but actually used the stock sized exhaust valve (1.47) versus the larger (1.54) used on the original casting. That and they had the sparkplug centrally allocated to promote a more efficient combustion. Are they any better.....in theory yes, but I've never seen anyone run them head to head on the dyno....not to mention the need for a special header design.

Gearbanger 101 said:
And after all that it was still a dog. '93 Cobras were a joke in the power department even with all those goodies. The still got waxed by the F-Bodies of the same year. The cam (T-Bird/Cougar) and computer really did that combo in. Now...run it with even a stock HO cam and computer and then we're talkin!!!

Tell me about it :nice:

Whe I first put all the crap in and kept my A9L and GT Cam, Dam she flew!
The Cobra Cam isnt as Wild as the 5.0 Cam, and the computer dosent really mix the air fuel ratio as good as a A9L, So I got the best of both worlds!,

And I knew my setup works before I put it in because Ford did it 11 years ago with no probs :D