93 convertible rear quarter power windows stick badly going up and down, isolated problem to window regulators

Knappster093

Apr 13, 2019
Motors working fine and just replaced guide post bottom bracket on one side thinking that was my problem. It may have contributed (stock plastic bracket was cracked due to age and use) but now have isolated real problem to the regulators (example picture attached) which no longer have much freedom of movement. Cleaned and re-greased one but it still sticks badly. I'm thinking that it should move freely by hand when it's functioning properly.

I'm also thinking that since this is happening on both sides, it must not be an uncommon problem and wondering how other people have remedied it. Has anyone had experience with a better lubricating technique or going as far as breaking them down and rebuilding them (new components, etc) at a reasonable price?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Sponsors (?)

Motors working fine and just replaced guide post bottom bracket on one side thinking that was my problem. It may have contributed (stock plastic bracket was cracked due to age and use) but now have isolated real problem to the regulators (example picture attached) which no longer have much freedom of movement. Cleaned and re-greased one but it still sticks badly. I'm thinking that it should move freely by hand when it's functioning properly.

I'm also thinking that since this is happening on both sides, it must not be an uncommon problem and wondering how other people have remedied it. Has anyone had experience with a better lubricating technique or going as far as breaking them down and rebuilding them (new components, etc) at a reasonable price?
Knappster...am needing to replace my regulators, was it bad getting out? Hate to dig into something and not be able to get it back together.