Progress Thread '93 Kenne Bell Notch

• Sponsors (?)

Most of the retrofit kits call for esther oil for the ac compressor. I've retrofitted all of my cars and AC works flawlessly.

If your system is completely empty you can use an old r134 can hose and a mightyvac hand vacuum pump to pull a vacuum to check for leaks. When you disconnect the fitting only a tiny bit of air will leak in. With my systems i did not vacuum them down and they work well....but the correct way is to vacuum to 30inhg for about 10 minutes to boil off any moisture before charging.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
A bunch of upgrades coming this weekend. Finally putting some technology in the fox. I haven't had a working radio in it since I bought it 2 years ago, now I'll have touchscreen bluetooth with GPS. Infinity component speakers in the doors, 6x9 3 way in the deck. Hopefully I'll get my interior put back together and tackle some other things.
20190508_182915.jpg

Has anyone ever relocated the climate control knobs lower to accommodate for a radio? Just want to know if it's even possible?

Edit: nvm I just saw a picture of someone who has done it. But its probably a little more involving than I thought to switch them around. I just realized the climate control bezel attaches to a stationary part of the dash.

Last edited:
In the process of putting in the back speakers and noticed the 3rd brake light connections were melted. I dont remember seeing this before, what could cause this? I feel like it's a fire hazard now.
20190511_151518.jpg

I fix one thing and another thing goes, now I have a random leak which I'm assuming is power steering fluid, coming from the driver side axle. Can someone give me insite on what causes this to leak and how to stop it? I accidentally drove/reversed for a couple mins with the e brake on(busy road, in a hurry, steep hill, 3 point turn).. dont know if this is what caused it.

IMG_24631.jpg
IMG_24621.jpg

Last edited:
Check the return lines with the regular hose clamps. They are pretty prone to leaking. I just changed my return lines and clamps, stopped all my leaks. Of course that’s the best case scenario, hopefully it’s not something worse on yours.

Reactions: 1 user
Update, it looks like its coming out of the pressurized cap. I have no idea why this is happening. I haven't added any fluid. I had my car serviced for an oil change/inspection a couple days ago but they never said they added PS fluid.

IMG_24771.jpg

I guess the rack being shot, and having to replace, would be worse case. I’d try to clean it all up first so you can pinpoint where the fluid is coming from.

If it is on the drivers side of the car, my guess is that it is overfilled. Drain it down the cold level mark on the dipstick under the cap, and drive to see if it still leaks from there. I just went through this with my car.

Worst case is the rack is shot and is leaking into the tie rod boots and puking out there. Been there with my car too.