Progress Thread '93 Kenne Bell Notch

I think I'm going to need a sn95 timing cover, water pump and crank pulley. Does all of this bolt right on to the 5.0 engine? The seller gave me the alt and ps pump brackets. Hopefully this wont interfere with my mechanical fan.

• Sponsors (?)

Snapchat-1335921674.jpg

20200101_154415.jpg

A little winter time progress update for you guys: got a new set of weld wheels and tires for cheap. I love the look of the big tires in the rear and decided not to use the skinnes but now I have to pick a good looking front wheel to complete it all. As far as the supercharger install, I've been crazy busy at work lately but have gone to the garage every chance I get. It's getting there. Everytime I start working on it, i realize i need to buy something else to finish it all. Heres what I've done so far, Sn95 brackets on (few more tweaks to go on em) Still need to change fuel pump, fuel injectors, water pump, wire new fan controller, delete charcoal canister, delete coolant heater tubes, and hopefully a paint job by Summer.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have a good solution for me to get this to work? I'm using SN95 accessory brackets to support the supercharger I just bought, but now the alternator is hitting the fuel lines. What's the easiest (and cheapest) solution for this guys?? Thanks!

20200101_154255.jpg

20200101_213938.jpg

Beautiful day in CT today, a good day to continue the progress I've been making. This is the furthest I've ever been inside of an engine before, so it pretty interesting seeing how things inside the engine look and work. I installed my new water pump, I deleted the coolant tubes for the heater core and installed the delete I made for it. Now I'm waiting on the fuel lines to come in so I can finish that. I had to take the lower intake off because I think I was having a coolant leak from that so I bought new gaskets for it and decided to clean it up while it's out. Once this is all bolted back up I'm praying there wont be any leaks... that would be deflating. But I'm thinking in a few more weeks everything should be back together, fingers crossed. The biggest issue I've encountered so far is not having the proper hardware to secure everything. I'm still in need of a few random bolts (alternator bracket, 1 lower intake bolt, 1 upper intake bolt)

20200111_131004.jpg

20200111_134835.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Beautiful day in CT today, a good day to continue the progress I've been making. This is the furthest I've ever been inside of an engine before, so it pretty interesting seeing how things inside the engine look and work. I installed my new water pump, I deleted the coolant tubes for the heater core and installed the delete I made for it. Now I'm waiting on the fuel lines to come in so I can finish that. I had to take the lower intake off because I think I was having a coolant leak from that so I bought new gaskets for it and decided to clean it up while it's out. Once this is all bolted back up I'm praying there wont be any leaks... that would be deflating. But I'm thinking in a few more weeks everything should be back together, fingers crossed. The biggest issue I've encountered so far is not having the proper hardware to secure everything. I'm still in need of a few random bolts (alternator bracket, 1 lower intake bolt, 1 upper intake bolt)

20200111_131004.jpg

20200111_134835.jpg

Progress is always good!! A nice 60 degrees on Long Island today. Too bad I was working and the car has no interior!
Car looking good man. That hood looks mean, but I’m not sure I could handle the lack of visibility. Would drive me nuts.

Reactions: 1 user
Progress is always good!! A nice 60 degrees on Long Island today. Too bad I was working and the car has no interior!
Car looking good man. That hood looks mean, but I’m not sure I could handle the lack of visibility. Would drive me nuts.

Thanks! The hood definitely took some getting used to. I might have to buy a smaller one and rotate between the 2 depending on where I'm driving

Found my front wheels I'm going to run instead of skinnies (was still a little iffy on running skinnies on CT roads) picked up some turbines! I think they compliment the weld draglites in the rear pretty well.

20200112_184717.jpg