93 Mustang AC

• Sponsors (?)

The 2.3l system isn’t wholly compatible, so my suggestion is going the cheapest route to get you through. Unless you were going turbo 4 cylinder, then the 2.3l LMR option is overly expensive for something you won’t be keeping.

If the rest of the system is decent, replace the compressor and recharge the system.

The 2.3l system isn’t wholly compatible, so my suggestion is going the cheapest route to get you through. Unless you were going turbo 4 cylinder, then the 2.3l LMR option is overly expensive for something you won’t be keeping.

If the rest of the system is decent, replace the compressor and recharge the system.

exactly.......but the other question is if I add a new compressor will I have to use r-12 which is hard to find around here

If you can’t source R12 then you will have to convert.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/134a-conversion-kit.559388/

I’m hesitant to suggest shortcutting because it can reduce component life, but you have to weigh out cost/benefit and decide how long you need out of the components. Seeing as how some things should transfer to your 5.0 swap, I personally don’t see the harm in doing it the right way even if the cost is a bit more.

You'll also need to replace the orifice tube, and accumulator when you open that system. And since you are going from r12 to r134a, youlll need to flush all the other components.

Afterwards, you'll need to pull s hard vacuum, then charge with oil and refrigerant.

The LRS kit is not compatible, and unfortunately if you go V8 later, all this work and money is wasted as you'll need to start over.

Buy parts from rockauto, and r12 is still available on eBay and sellers will sell to regular people without the license (I have it but never get asked).

Ac work in general is just expensive

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user