Electrical 93 Mustang Gt Under Dash Wiring

Black Widow 63

Jul 24, 2017
93 gt convertible 5.0 automatic. When I bought the car I took all the interior out and found a PRO LOCK security chip wired into harness about 4 inches from where harness goes thru firewall. It went to 2 red wires with light blue stripe. What should these 2 wires have originally been ran too??? Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

These 2 red wires with a lite blue stripe come out from main harness at the firewall to a rectangular plug. All electrical systems are working EXCEPT starting system. Nothing happens when switch is turned to crank. Thanks for any suggestions.

If I remember correctly the wires in question are for the nss(neutral safety switch). The alarm is likely breaking this connection, the automatic has (Or should have) a jumper installed in the plug to complete the circuit. In a manual this plug is installed on the clutch pedal to intrerupt the circuit.

Can you take a picture? If the wiring is easily removed a small jumper wire with spade connectors should work just fine.

If I remember correctly the wires in question are for the nss(neutral safety switch). The alarm is likely breaking this connection, the automatic has (Or should have) a jumper installed in the plug to complete the circuit. In a manual this plug is installed on the clutch pedal to intrerupt the circuit.

Can you take a picture? If the wiring is easily removed a small jumper wire with spade connectors should work just fine.

15011141595271518676418.jpg