93 Vert build

Hey guys, i hope this forum is still alive! I know since FB got mainstream allot of these forums died down so id figure id give it a shot anyways. It seems like the last 2 weeks of nonstop reading i have done, im always end up on this forum thru google. So id figured why not start a thread! Too much knowledge here for me not too. Hope the help is still around and healthy.

With that being said. I recently just purchased my first Fox. A 93 Vert. Silver. Guess there was only 184 made in this color. Completely stock until yesterday. 2 cats where bad and needed to be replaced for smog. So I went ahead and chose to grab the MagnaFlow CARB 50 state x pipe. I love it btw. And she passed with flying colors thank god.

With that being said i want to ask some questions. I bought this car for me to build and learn. And go fast.

While keeping this motor in the car while building another on the side. I want to put some money into it to make it fun while i build up the other engine and get used to the power and the fox itself. So my thoughts where to add a trickflow street burner upper and lower, 70 mil throttle body, and super charger. I dont want to do heads and cam as im saving that money for 2nd engine and when the time comes be able to transfer everything over to the one im building. My goals are a street machine. Odd day track just to get times. But in reality i want a fun quick car to have some fun with whike everything else comes together.

Anything else i might need without doing a teardown? Injectors ect...

Yes the sub frame connectors and torque box upgrades are on the way already. I still havent really looked into suspension yet, so im very open to ideas and thoughts.

Im here to learn. Not argue. I might ask a stupid question or 2 but im just a gear head in the making and am exicted about it. So..... want to help me build this Fox? BTW im in cali. But know some people if need be to get parts.... thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20181011_113517_587.jpg
    IMG_20181011_113517_587.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum !!! Very nice car.

I'd do the brakes and suspension first. You can drive as fast as you want.... but if you can't stop or take a curve it means nothing. Fox brakes suck on all the years.

Maximum Motorsports, without a doubt. A little more pricey though. Outstanding quality. They have”Box” kits of various suspension packages, from just subframe connectors to complete suspension swap outs.

Truthfully, there are a number of others you could go to. UPR, etc.....

So as far as the Vortech goes. After some reading. They are pretty much a plug and play. Seems as if there are some mixed feelings about bigger injectors. So after a Fuel pump, intake lower and upper and tune. It should be okay. Im sure the tuner i go with can tell me more about what i need after install.

I have seen many posts of people favoring the MM. I like to spend money right the first time rather then wish i did later. Im checking out the vendor section now.

Reactions: 1 users
Bigger injectors with a s/c would be a must imo, size would depend on boost level.
Years ago it was popular to run an fmu to artificially boost injector size/flow but there
are better/safer ways now..i.e. a tune.