94 Cobra Progress Thread (formerly Help Me Decide Thread)

Got them done.

Base coat

7cqkjV.jpg

And cleared

XNPeHp.jpg

nxjFnI.jpg

AJZfIw.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Good score and excellent work!

I'm looking to get back in the 5L game, I want a 94-95 again but man the search has been going on for weeks. May get a Fox body if we can't find one.

My son is 19 now and wants to 1/4 mile race, I've been waiting for him to say he's ready for a project car all his life.

Thing is we have a limited budget since I pay $7000 a year for car insurance, not a type-o. Having a teenager on our insurance went from 2100 to 6895 (S. Florida).

I would have dove on your Cobra deal if it was here.

My drivers door had a big dent, like someone had whacked it with a dull axe. It was ugly. So, I found another door and was going to use it. I painted it and everything BUT someone had filled in the door lock. I didn't really like that...but thought I could live with it. After much thought I decided I would try to fix my existing door. The idea was if the door on the car came out crappy, I at least had the back up door. The door on the car actually turned out real nice. I knocked the dent out as flat as I could, used a little filler, a lot of sanding then painted it.

In this picture you can see the dent it's just below and in front of the door handle

i0Br7H.jpg

Here is the progress of the door pictures

dkGZs0.jpg

FHwHJg.jpg

jD62SP.jpg

Base coat

FPLJV5.jpg

Mjagtn.jpg

and cleared

SAhvic.jpg

eiHriX.jpg

h4i8jD.jpg

2nnne1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My drivers door had a big dent, like someone had whacked it with a dull axe. It was ugly. So, I found another door and was going to use it. I painted it and everything BUT someone had filled in the door lock. I didn't really like that...but thought I could live with it. After much thought I decided I would try to fix my existing door. The idea was if the door on the car came out crappy, I at least had the back up door. The door on the car actually turned out real nice. I knocked the dent out as flat as I could, used a little filler, a lot of sanding then painted it.

In this picture you can see the dent it's just below and in front of the door handle

i0Br7H.jpg

Her is the progress of the door pictures

dkGZs0.jpg

FHwHJg.jpg

jD62SP.jpg

Base coat

FPLJV5.jpg

Mjagtn.jpg

and cleared

SAhvic.jpg

eiHriX.jpg

h4i8jD.jpg