94 Cobra running rough (PLEASE HELP!!!)

nos90gt

Nov 30, 2003
Central FL
(94 COBRA) Okay, here we go. About 2 weeks ago I started up my car and turned on the A/C and the car started to idle down and died. Started it up again and it was fine. Just the other day it did the same thing when slowing down to stop. Idle would go up and back down and stall. I thought it might be the IAC, so went to ford and bought a new one and one my way home the car started to run worst. It idles bad like I just installed a monster cam in it. I put on the IAC and reconnected the battery. Started it up and still ran like $hit. I check the plugs, cap, rotor. It has 40 psi of fuel at idle.

I went to 2 different shops and they plug into the inside one, nothing would come up. Where do I go from here? Could of the computer gone into limp mode? Also when you check for codes in a 94 do you hook up the scanner from the inside of the car or under the hood like on a fox body to the EEC plug? Thanks for any help you can give me. Scott [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure on how to pull the codes, as I stick to foxes.

There is a surging idle checklist sticky at the top of this forum, which should help you out. The first post is updated periodically.

You may have better luck with responses (especially with comuter stuff) in the 94-95 forum.
A moderator may be willing to move the thread for you?

jason

Your car is plumbed for OBD-I and OBD-II. Your snake is OBD-I and uses the underhood connector. Contrary to many write ups, the test connector is on the passenger side (between the firewall and strut tower).

Get the codes yanked and go from there. Pay real close attention to EGR codes (EGR gasses at idle will cause near stalling, surging or actual stalling).

Good luck.