94 Engine, Harness, Computer Into 93 2.3

Better beater

Active User
Nov 28, 2015
94 engine, harness, computer into 93 2.3? Has anyone ever done this? I already have a doner car. With everything I would need to do the swap. I also have a 88 speed density computer and harness. I really don't have the money to get a 93 setup. Which would you guys choose? And why?

• Sponsors (?)

The 94 is probably the closest to the 93. At least, the 94 had airbags. I have no idea if the connectors will line up for the dash harness that runs by the brake booster. The 88 harness will not work in a 93 car...I know that first hand.

If he has the ENTIRE 1988 harness, he can swap that into the car. I'm talking engine, body, trans, doors, etc.

Otherwise the easiest solution is to get a 1993 5.0 EFI engine harness and plug it into his current 1993 body harness.

The 1994 stuff won't work. Too much changed between 1993 and 1994 in terms of how the car is wired. In fact, the 1994 engine won't work as is either. Youll need to change the accessory setup to the fox style, and change the intake/TB assembly to fox style as well.

You can make this swap work, but you don't have the parts. Hate to say if but if you don't have $100-150 or so for a 1993 engine harness, you might not have the funds to complete the project with all the other little odds and ends that will come up.

Well funds aren't really an issue. I guess I would rather not spend money swapping a fuel injected 302 which would be a temporary swap. End result is going to be a carbed 408. Guess I'll sell all the 302 fi stuff and recoupe some money! Anyone interested in some 5.0 sn95 parts?